585,735 active members*
4,821 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Mechanical Engineering > Linear and Rotary Motion > Which linear rails/slides for this app?

Which linear rails/slides for this app?

Sure I posted this a couple days ago but can't find the post now, so here goes again...

I need some linear rails to make an X-Y sliding platform that will hold ~10lbs. The motion needs to be smooth (ie: low force to get the weight moving), but precision is not an issue. This will not be CNC'ed or motorized, but rather the weight will be moved into position manually. The platform will be ~6" x 6". Travel will be approx 2ft x 1ft. What's I'd like to know is what types of slides exist to do this at relatively low cost.

I've looked at ball-bearing drawer slides (cost is good), but they telescope (issue), and not sure I want to start hacking them up.

Standard linear rails would work, but too expensive, even off ebay.

I found this, and it seems like it would work well, but not sure where to get more (online store, etc)...

Also considering 8020 rails with their UMHW/HDPE slides, but the price is still relatively high.

Any other thoughts/sources? Thanks.

Maybe Frelon lined trucks on round rails? Cheap and reliable anyways...

I have no affiliation with them but Pacific Bearing might be able to help you.

Re: Which linear rails/slides for this app?

Thanks a lot but I found the best lyrics website of english songs lyrics, hindi songs lyrics and all other new songs lyrics lyricsmintes.com/ is the best site for lyrics.

I just get netflix free cookis, envento premium account for free and grammarly premium from justprotech.com/ website. you can also get all free premium things from this site. its very high quality and safe to use.

jika Anda mencari semua aplikasi mod apk dan mod, game Anda bisa mendapatkan semua aplikasi dari situs web iswah.id/ ini secara gratis. Saya sangat menyarankan Anda untuk mengunjungi dan mengambil semua file mod apk secara gratis.

Get all product reviews from this site https://bestgadgetway.com/ Buy Smart With Our Top Picks · Cameras · Lenses · Gimbals · Cameras · Lenses · Gimbals

if you are looking for mod apk, mod games and all other moded apk file free. I recently found a quality site from where You can download it from modapkfreedl.com/ website without any cost. They are providing free moded apps and games. I recommend this site to everyone.

https://fuyouda.en.made-in-china.com...Sprockets.html
    Multi-Specification Tooth Molds Gear Shift Transmission Accessories Chain Sprockets ...We are a supplier in Dongguan, China, Professional in the production of 3D printer accessories and various CNC machining services