585,749 active members*
3,778 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Looking to purchase pcnc 440 without base

Looking to purchase pcnc 440 without base

Looking to purchase the 440 but seeing the base is almost $1000 what would be an option to mount both the CNC and chip pan along with enclosure?

Re: Looking to purchase pcnc 440 without base

g0704 bases do the trick . I've got my 440's set up on the same bases but they are a different name brand .
    if your handy and have easy access to sheet metal then you can build an enclosure for a fraction of the tormach price . all the cad files for the mill , enclosure etc are on their site

I just went through this exact same scenario. I end up with a Jet CS18 drill stand. It fits the 440 perfectly. It has a shallow chip tray with drain and a decent sized cabinet underneath. It was roughly $500 new and slightly better quality compared to the 440 stand.

Quote Originally Posted by anathema View Post
    I just went through this exact same scenario. I end up with a Jet CS18 drill stand. It fits the 440 perfectly. It has a shallow chip tray with drain and a decent sized cabinet underneath. It was roughly $500 new and slightly better quality compared to the 440 stand.
    Perfect, thanks...What did you do for an enclosure ?

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
    g0704 bases do the trick . I've got my 440's set up on the same bases but they are a different name brand .
    if your handy and have easy access to sheet metal then you can build an enclosure for a fraction of the tormach price . all the cad files for the mill , enclosure etc are on their site
    Got it...I might have to build an enclosure....$1700 from Tormach....damn