584,805 active members*
5,102 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mk3 G01 not working

I am trying to finish my new machine setup with TNG v2. Motor SPUs are accurate, limits work, and G00 moves quickly and accurately in both directions for all three axes. But G00 does nothing. The progress bar proceeds to 100% and hangs there with no motion on any axis. The machine hangs at this point until I hit the stop button. I would appreciate any tips on where to start looking. I am stumped!

Re: Mk3 G01 not working

Did you also give it a feed rate?
    If you are in feed per rev, then your spindle also needs to be running.

I did not put an explicit feed rate in my G01 command. But there was a feed rate already set. I had assumed that would be sufficient. I will have to try that. I won't get a chance until tomorrow. Thanks!

Perhaps G95 is active?

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetCNC View Post
    Perhaps G95 is active?
    I don't believe so. I have attached a photo showing active codes, in case anything jumps out at anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by mbradford View Post
    I don't believe so. I have attached a photo showing active codes, in case anything jumps out at anyone.
    Ok, NOW I have attached a photo...

I did not put an explicit feed rate in my G01 command. But there was a feed rate already set. I had assumed that would be sufficient. I will have to try that. I won't get a chance until tomorrow. Thanks!
    If you were using a G00 the next line would need to have a feed move for it to work.

G1X34F10.
    Mactec54

Ok, NOW I have attached a photo...
    There is nothing magical with the active codes that can make a G1 move without adding a feed move
    Mactec54

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Thank you all for your patience, and for all the great advice/suggestions. I guess I have to admit my ignorance. I managed to set the Feed Override to 0%. I don't know how/when I did it, and I really don't know how I managed to discover it. When I set the Feed Override back to 100%, everything behaves as it should. I guess I shouldn't touch buttons until I read the manual... Doh!!!!