585,759 active members*
4,030 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

motor direction in Mach 3

I am using a rack-n-pinion drive system for the Y axis. I have two separate motors for this on on the left side and one on the right side. since the motors are mounted facing the opposite direction I need the motors to turn in opposite directions. I have been told to use two different axis controllers for this One the Y axis controller and the A axis controller. How do I get the two different motor controllers to spin the motors in the opposite direction. These motors need to do the exact same thing but spin in the opposite directions. does anyone kn ow how to do this in Mach 3. It has also been suggested that I reverse polarity in one of the motors, this is simple to do but how do I get the Y axis controller and the A axis controller to do the same motion at the same time.

Go to config then down to slave axis

You can reverse a motor in Config >Homing/Limits. Check the "Reverse" column. You can also reverse it by toggling the active low settings for the dir pin.

And as Gary said, you Slave them. Make sure all settings are exactly the same for both motors in motor tuning.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thank you Jerry and Gary. I will do this and post to let you know the results. It is sure nice to have this form available. There are going to be many question, this is all new to me.

Re: motor direction in Mach 3

Very much a necro post but fut to save anyone else the 2 seconds , this is the answer " You can also reverse it by toggling the active low settings for the dir pin." I tested this " You can reverse a motor in Config >Homing/Limits. Check the "Reverse" column." but I believe that's just the homing direction rather than the stepper motor direction.