584,865 active members*
4,984 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Help wiring a Phytron CCD stepper motor driver

Help wiring a Phytron CCD stepper motor driver

Hi
    I am trying to build a small CNC plasma cutter and i a friend gave me 3 stepper drives he didn't use. The drives are branded as:
    Phytron CCD 93-70 Mini H24
    -Input voltage 17-50VAC or 24-70VDC
    -Current around 6.3A
    -Supports 2 phase stepper motors
    -Uses Step/direction
    I connected the motor to the drive which has a small LCD on which you can select a test mode and drive the motors manually and that works just fine .The motor turns CW and CCW and has a good amount of torque.
    The problem is i don't understand how to connect them to a PC . I did not find the manual for this drive but i did find a manual for a similar drive ,the CCD+ which is the version with a USB connector.
    In this manual it says that there are two versions of the drive ,one with an input level of 5V and another one with an input level of 24V . Looking at the model number (H24)i think my drives are the 24V ones.
    Does this mean that i need a breakout board that outputs 24volt logic signals ?
    Here is a link to the manual in case someone wants to have a peak
    https://www.sinerges.com/wp-content/...al_2012_en.pdf

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you

Re: Help wiring a Phytron CCD stepper motor driver

You can use a 24volt breakout board, or a "normal"5 volt breakout board and a level shifter from 5 to 24 volt. Take care , the level shifter needs to be fast enough ( your driver can handle 250Khz )

Thank you for replying.
    I was actually researching the logic level shifter route but there is not that much information online or maybe i can´t find it. I have a USB breakout board ,the cheap eBay one, which can output at 100Khz so as long as i find a shifter which can handle 100Khz i am fine ,i think .
    I haven´t abandoned the idea of buying a breakout board that can send 24V logic to the drives and also work with mach3 but i cannot find any so if anyone can recommend one ,please do.

Have a look at something like this
    8 Output LEDs ULN2803 Module/Darlington Tube Module ( I found it on Aliexpress
    It's cheap and I wouldn't be suprised if it dous the job only thing to take care, It will invert the signal.

I have ordered those. it will take a while to arrive ,about a month ,i will report back then.
    Thanks once again.