585,749 active members*
3,779 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 0-MD - Message Not support

I got a second hand Yang 500 machining center just over a year ago. I powered it up and all I could move the table etc so I was happy.

I had to do a massive rearrange of my workshop as I needed access on all 4 side to the new machine. I basically had to do a complete refurbish of my machines and benches I had accumulated over 20 years. It took me just over a year to complete it.

When I originally got the Yang I replaced the batteries and Fanuc said they would last a year. The voltage on them today was quite low. My guess is that they will last a year while the machine is on every day.

Now when I powered it up, I get the message 'Not Support'. Mr google does not give any results for this?

Any suggestions ?

I did backup all the parameters last year.

Re: Fanuc 0-MD - Message No support

Take a photo of this message, please.

Re: Fanuc 0-MD - Message No support

Ok, it is what I thought but could not find anything on the web for this. The batteries were that low, it lost it's settings.

I phoned Fanuc NZ today and they talked me through a few tests. On the motherboard, there 6 LEDS. 2 and 4 were on and RED. I did a 'reset' by holding Reset and Delete and powering on the system and I got my screen back. Now I have a green LED showing on the MB

Luckly I saved all the software settings when I originally got the machine.

There seems to be a lack of information/forums on Fanuc. Does anyone know of an active group? The MB LED was a give away but I can't find any info on this, even in the manuals.

In hindsight, I replaced the CRT with an LED display from Ebay and I think the 'Not Support' was a display message (no signal) and not a Fanuc one.

Cheers Wallace

Re: Fanuc 0-MD - Message Not support

You should get "911 ram parity error".
    Now you have to put in rs232 parameters by hand, then options by hand (or through rs232 pushing eob+input) and parameters.
    Hope you backed up 900's parameters (OPTIONS), PMC DATA and 9000's program (if they existed) as well. When you save parameters, Do it pushing eob+output - in this case you save options also.
    There are plenty of info How to do it on this forum and on internet.

https://www.kfasllc.com/memory_backup_restore_F0.htm

I backed up everthing via RS232 when I got the machine. I had no message at all on the screen.

Thanks for the link. I have printed it out and booked marked the page.

Quote Originally Posted by marsheng View Post
    I backed up everthing via RS232 when I got the machine. I had no message at all on the screen.

Thanks for the link. I have printed it out and booked marked the page.
    At first check power supply on the MB

Just an update. The message was from the new LED screen I installed and not from the Fanuc controller. Basically the batteries went flat and I had to do a software reset to get the machine to wake up.

Still busy with reloading the software.