Hi all,

I have a Clausing Kondia FV-1 3-axis CNC mill with a dynapath delta 20 controller. The mill sat for at least a year in the PO's place without power, and when I powered it up, I got a "power fail" message. The manual suggests that means the 3.6V battery on the aux board needs replaced, which I did, but the message still hasn't cleared (and the control won't retain any programs or tool offsets etc in memory between power cycles).

So far I have tried:

- replace the 3.6v AA size battery with a new one from parts and smarts
- flipped the dip switch beside the battery holder to the "on" position (it was off for some reason)
- removed, cleaned and re-seated the AUX board (which houses the battery)

After doing the above, I thought I had the problem fixed - the error cleared, and the program/offsets stayed in memory at least overnight with the power off. However, I just came back to the mill after a month or so away, and the error message popped back up. After speaking with Rich at parts and smarts, he had suggested that some unusual behaviour can be the result of running the control from a phase converter (I have a 5hp RPC powering it), and so with his help I connected the control directly to 120vac. I can now power the control on without all the servo drive circuitry receiving power. Again, it seemed to clear the error (I couldn't clear it at all before) but it returns if the mill sits unpowered for longer than a couple of minutes or so.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to send things in to Parts and Smarts for inspection/repair, but figured I'd ask here if anyone has encountered similar, or has any suggestions for troubleshooting this any further?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer,

Lee