584,812 active members*
5,497 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Anderson stratos pro router. stratup issues, anybody know where I can find some help
Page 1 of 2 12

Anderson stratos pro router. stratup issues, anybody know where I can find some help

We just acquired a Anderson stratos pro with Fanuc control running on windows 2000, giving us some errors, like FSSB error. Thinking it might be a setting from not shutting down properly , not sure, anybody have any ideas?

Re: Anderson stratos pro router. stratup issues, anybody know where I can find some

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	486080

Re: Anderson stratos pro router. stratup issues, anybody know where I can find some

Most probably is a thermal safety contact going off
    Check in the electric cabinet one of the fuses or the thermic contact form a contactor

Hi thanks for reply, OMG, found a short in the lasers, broken blue wire inside control panel. Now it is running, but I do not know how to zero/home it, set at metric, I am an inch guy. would need some books on this machine. what is the zero procedure?

Fusion 360 has a post processor for this machine but i have not tried it yet. What are you guys using?
    Has a spindle with tool changer, also 2nd spindle with drill bank, going to be a steep learning curve for me.

Hi, when trying to home this machine, it give me an over travel alarm, it is not hitting overtravel switches. anybody know how to fix this.? running on windows 2000.

if is not hitting the emergency switch ,you need to increase the limits to reach the home position
    param 1320 is responsable for the + limits and the 1321 for the - limits
    in your case you need to increase the value in the 1320 paramters untill it homes and after that you need to piut back the original value you found

example:if you have in parameter 1320 for X axes value 5000 ,it measn you have 5 mm over the home ssiwtch and after will give you soft overtravel and shouldhave minim 5mm for the emergency switch
    increase the value of the parameter with 999999 and try to home again
    if it homes than go back to parametr you just changed (5000-999999) and make it back 5000
    you need to do the same for all axis that are not homing
    good luck

Hi, This worked, Thanks. zavateandu
    Now working on the tool changer and have a few questions. this is a Fanuc 0i control with 10 tool changer and 2nd spindle is a drill bank.

1, How to initialize the tool changer?
    2. What commands do you use for tool changing?
    3 Can you change tools at any Z height?

i have a machine with fanuc 0-MC controller and a 8 tools changer
    i do not know if it is the same but:
    -tool change always on z reference point ,no other position
    With M97 TXX i say to controller what tool i have in the spindle,example: if in spindle is tool number 2 i type in MDI M97 T12 where 1 is first spindle and 2 is the number of the tool present in first spindle
    After that i type in MDI M94 TXX where i say to controller what tool number from atc is in the direction of the spindle,exemple: if the tool numer 6 is in the direction of the spindle i type in M94 T16 where 1 is the number of the first spindle and 6 is the number of the tool nearest to spindle
    after these 2 commands i type in any tool i want to change typing in MDI TXX ,exemple just T13 and hit cycle start and the ATC should change to tool number 3
    This is whta i do

Ok, one more , How do you touch off the tool for length setting?

Ok, got that working, now working on loading a file from the usb, can you help with that? why they make it so confusing?

Where are you located? I am in Kitchener, ONT.

Southern Alberta, Looks like my USB might be locked out.

OK, I am missing something, can't read from hard drive either, or save edited program, going to dig in some more..

Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    i have a machine with fanuc 0-MC controller and a 8 tools changer
    i do not know if it is the same but:
    -tool change always on z reference point ,no other position
    With M97 TXX i say to controller what tool i have in the spindle,example: if in spindle is tool number 2 i type in MDI M97 T12 where 1 is first spindle and 2 is the number of the tool present in first spindle
    After that i type in MDI M94 TXX where i say to controller what tool number from atc is in the direction of the spindle,exemple: if the tool numer 6 is in the direction of the spindle i type in M94 T16 where 1 is the number of the first spindle and 6 is the number of the tool nearest to spindle
    after these 2 commands i type in any tool i want to change typing in MDI TXX ,exemple just T13 and hit cycle start and the ATC should change to tool number 3
    This is whta i do
    My tool changer used Txxx the only difference. Also might try M197 or M194 on some controls,

Hi, on this Anderson Stratos Router, when I touch off the tools with M101 macro it will touch off tools to sensor that is sitting on top of table. then after it is done I set zero with g92 x y z .
    but have an issue, the tools are not at the same zero height when testing in MDI..? doing a g92 z0 with one tool, and checking with different tool z0 is not the same. what am I doing wrong?

Ho, maybe call Hx, tool offset, I'll try that.

Nope, still the same issue, what am I doing wrong?

ATC position should be using G30 ?
    What are you using a G92 for ?
    This machine should have G54-G59 work offsetts ?

Quote Originally Posted by lshingleton View Post
    ATC position should be using G30 ?
    What are you using a G92 for ?
    This machine should have G54-G59 work offsetts ?
    Hi, I was thinking this works the same as a milling machine, but I guess not. I'll have to dig into it some more, trying to use fusion 360 for cad/cam.

G92 is to set work g54 offset. I am totally lost right now. Guessing this is not the way this machine operates.

The Truekatana has many uses beyond just protecting your home though; it's also great for practicing martial arts or even just for display purposes because of how beautiful it looks with its intricate design work along the Katana blade and handle. It's truly a piece of art that any fan of swords would love to have in their collection!

Quote Originally Posted by dj_pigs View Post
    Hi, I was thinking this works the same as a milling machine, but I guess not. I'll have to dig into it some more, trying to use fusion 360 for cad/cam.

G92 is to set work g54 offset. I am totally lost right now. Guessing this is not the way this machine operates.
    Fanuc has slightly different system for zero offsets than other cnc controls. In my case I had problem with Stratos when tried getting zero from part like on Hurco mill or something like that. Long story short Z value on G54-G59 has to be thickness of the part (Z25.0mm or something like that) from in my case vacuum table, and G53 Z value have to be distance from Z homed position to machine bed (tip of the spindle to vacuum table) something like Z-328.2..

Page 1 of 2 12