585,758 active members*
4,161 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mori Seiki Machines > Curser is changing screen text and now control is not turning on

Hybrid View

Curser is changing screen text and now control is not turning on

I am helping a friend fix a SL-253 with a MSG-501 control.

The first thing you notice is the colors shift and fade in and out when doing nothing. Then when scrolling thru a program sometimes the screen will stop scrolling and what the cursor is on will change characters.
    So I think the screen is going bad and I took it out to look at it. I didn't see anything bad. I took some pictures to order a new screen. Then he wanted the machine back together to run some parts.
    I put it back together, and it wont boot properly.

It says
    Goplib.dll : DosOpen() faild (110)
    [C:\GOp3]

Any idea what the problem is?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20221112_113052.jpg   New Bitmap Image.jpg   20221112_112518.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by j209177 View Post
    I am helping a friend fix a SL-253 with a MSG-501 control.

The first thing you notice is the colors shift and fade in and out when doing nothing. Then when scrolling thru a program sometimes the screen will stop scrolling and what the cursor is on will change characters.
    So I think the screen is going bad and I took it out to look at it. I didn't see anything bad. I took some pictures to order a new screen. Then he wanted the machine back together to run some parts.
    I put it back together, and it wont boot properly.

It says
    Goplib.dll : DosOpen() faild (110)
    [C:\GOp3]

Any idea what the problem is?
    You may well have a screen going bad with the colors drifting in and out, but a bad screen won't stop you scrolling through a program. More likely that is the keyboard interface or possibly the screen driver freezing. Plug another screen in temporarily and see how it responds. If still freezing, check connections of keyboard and screen.