585,763 active members*
4,298 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Tools Sticking in Spindle.

Tools Sticking in Spindle.

Suddenly tools are sticking in the spindle of our RH33 Mill, breaking off the plastic grabbers on the tool changer. Weve tried cleaning of course and adjusting thru spindle. Anyone else ever have this issue?

Re: Tools Sticking in Spindle.

I would try replacing your bellville washers on the drawbar and following the procedure for setting the "plunger" length that is in the procedures for the bellvilles. Also, make sure the oiler is full on your air supply. All of that fixed my sticking tools. Probably a quarter of my washers were cracked or broken, and my tools were sticking bad. Haven't had a problem for a couple years now.

Quote Originally Posted by RR185 View Post
    Suddenly tools are sticking in the spindle of our RH33 Mill, breaking off the plastic grabbers on the tool changer. Weve tried cleaning of course and adjusting thru spindle. Anyone else ever have this issue?
    Make sure everything is clean, use Grey Scotch-Brite Pads in the spindle and on the Tool Holders

Add some quality Grease to the top 1" of the Tool Holder taper, you will find that the top 1" of the holders has a slight swelling caused by the pull-stud being screwed in, have you used a torque wrench to torque the pull-stud or just with a hand wrench
    Mactec54

Hi, as stated clean the tool and spindle taper. check the drawbar down switch and make sure the drawbar is fully down before it releases the tool. drawbar washers could also be a problem.
    Give me a call
    sportybob
    952-2886340