585,712 active members*
3,870 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Mastercam x7 home demo needed

Mastercam x7 home demo needed

Ive been an haas vf2 machine operator for approximately 14 years. I just recently unofficially got promoted to programmer when our gave his notice. My company has had mastercam x7 for years and it's more than adequate for the very simple operations we do. Ive never been exposed to it too much before and I'm trying to learn everything i can and practice as much as possible. I've downloaded the demo of mastercam 2022 onto my home laptop to practice with but it seems night amd day compared to the x7 at work. Does anyone know of anyway i can get the x7 demo learning edition whatever for home use? I've come across a couple demo disks but they're already expired. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Re: Mastercam x7 home demo needed

A "demo" version will run for about 6-12 months per install on a PC. It can only be installed once on a device, it leaves a footprint that it had been loaded.

If your Co has been on "maintenance", you can install later versions that your hasp allows.
    You also have access to other "demo" versions that not been previously installed, even the latest release demo. You can save a project, but cannot open it in a full version. It also cannot post code for use on a machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    A "demo" version will run for about 6-12 months per install on a PC. It can only be installed once on a device, it leaves a footprint that it had been loaded.

If your Co has been on "maintenance", you can install later versions that your hasp allows.
    You also have access to other "demo" versions that not been previously installed, even the latest release demo. You can save a project, but cannot open it in a full version. It also cannot post code for use on a machine.
    Thanks for your help

So i could be wrong, but i dont believe that we are on maintenance, I'm pretty sure that we just purchased it years ago and that was it. The original programmer didn't want any updates or upgrades to cause any bugs or new stuff for him to learn. I'm watching as many you tube videos on learning it as i can but having the hands-on practice is still nice. I'm not sure if I'm old school or what but i just don't like the idea of having to learn everything on the clock at work and try to do it as much as possible in my free time after work.

Re: Mastercam x7 home demo needed

Kudos to you for wanting to learn on your own. Start simple, don't try to put too much info into a toolpath strategy (it may give an undesired path, where you need to backtrack to allow the desired result).

I will offer a little word.... no matter what method of toolpathing you apply, remember that you are not wrong, and be aware that there could be better methods to achieve the same result.

No maint. ... no probs, you can still install & run any version demo, a version that has yet to be installed on that device.

You could install X7 on your device, and "borrow" the work's HASP (get permission 1st).
    Don't lose it, or leave it at home. The boss would not be impressed, and getting a replacement hasp may end up being a lot of paperwork & $$$.