[DISCLAIMER] Back up everything first! Try at your own risk! Incorrect values can damage your machine and/or cause other property damage! The software changes are reversible, any hardware damage will not be!

Applicable to those of us with machines that can be modified to allow increased travel. Like my PC mill 55!

If you have winnc, or any version of the machine that uses the interchangeable control, you should have a machine data file somewhere in the program directory. This file has a .msd file extension. It should be labeled with a tag for your machine, i.e. MILL55.msd. Make a backup of this file. Infact, back up the whole program directory, or drive, before trying anything!

In this file you will find

SoftwareLowLimit0=0.096
SoftwareLowLimit1=0.0025
SoftwareLowLimit2=0.032
SoftwareHighLimit0=0.288
SoftwareHighLimit1=0.1275
SoftwareHighLimit2=0.223
The units should be in meters IIRC. (If you do the math, that should be around 190mm travel on x, this example is from a small machine!) You can edit the responding values to any increase or decrease in machine travel.

There is another location in the same file that edits the reference values. You may or may not have to alter these values, you may need to experiment, especially if you've moved limit switches like me.

RefValueInit0=0.287128
RefValueInit1=0.107145
RefValueInit2=0.2216

You should also have access to edit these values within the software utility named "emconfig" which will be stored in your program directory if you have it.

You should consider using a very low amperage fuse, or a variable amperage power supply for the axis drives, and pushing it to the software travel limits and ensure correct operation, and returning the electrical supply back to regular after testing. Again there is a risk of damage if you do this incorrectly. Please be careful and treat this as an experiment! Results are not guaranteed.