584,842 active members*
4,491 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Upgrading to closed loop CL57T with new C11G controller - need help

Hybrid View

Question Upgrading to closed loop CL57T with new C11G controller - need help

I am upgrading my CNC to closed loop motors with CL57T drivers, 2 for the X axis, one for Y, one for Z, and one for A. I purchased a new C11G controller with ESS to talk to Mach 3. There were no instructions with the controller, and what I've found online is conflicting, so I'm hoping someone can help me get this all set up.

I have everything hooked up, I think correctly. I have a 48 volt power supply for the motors, a 5 volt PS for the controller and ESS, and I am pulling 12 volts DC from my VFD for the spindle controls.

I have things kind of working--I can move the X axis (B axis slaved to X through Mach 3), but it is jerky; Y tries to move, but doesn't quite, and Z just hums. I have tried every conceivable combination of dip switch settings on the drivers that made any possible sense, but nothing seems to help. I have played with the kernel speed in Mach 3, but that didn't make any difference either.

When I measure the voltage from my 5v PS, I am only reading 4 volts. Could that be enough to not be able to drive the motors?

Does anybody have a good wiring diagram for the C11G, maybe even one specific to the CL57T drivers I am using?

If anybody has used this driver with a C11G before, I would surely appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    Don

Re: Upgrading to closed loop CL57T with new C11G controller - need help

Have you try to tune your motors in Mach3.
    Here is a link to youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwRDtawNrMU

Re: Upgrading to closed loop CL57T with new C11G controller - need help

Thanks, very useful.