585,728 active members*
4,528 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Recommended cam software.

We are looking at buying a Nakamura-Tome NTY3-250. Currently we use Mastercam but we have heard there is better software for programming this machine. What do you all recommend? Thanks in advance for your time.

Re: Recommended cam software.

Usually software you know how to use is preferable to a program you're going to need to learn. Doesn't MasterCAM have a post for that machine? What functions did you want that MasterCAM doesn't offer?
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Hi,
    if I could afford Mastercam I would have it, no questions. If you are unable to craft your own post then you might have to pay someone to do it for you.
    Typically $1500 which is still cheaper than any other creditable CAM software even if it has a matching post.

Craig

we use Mastercam but we have heard there is better software
    hy you should define " better " ...

What do you all recommend?
    a quick start, is to take okuma conversational for pc, then auto-edit the program file to suit a double turret, double spindle machine

If you are unable to craft your own post then you might have to pay someone to do it for you
    hy joe, is not needed to know how to edit postprocessors ... there are faster methods, as long as there is a file with generic g-code / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Esprit is probably the best solution for this type of machine. We've used it on our Integrex and now on our Okuma Multus. It is not cheap.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan B View Post
    Esprit is probably the best solution for this type of machine. We've used it on our Integrex and now on our Okuma Multus. It is not cheap.
    Nothing will be cheap that can post programs for 3 turret machines. What I heard that Espirit, Solidcam and Topsolid are good for these kind of machines. I would decide depending on the local support. When I was looking at cam software for these kind of machines Mastercam couldn't post and simulate 3 channel machines.

I created programs with a text editor for nearly 3 years because the company was to cheap to get a working cam system.