585,555 active members*
3,401 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Setting up a Lenze VFD with new C11G controller for CNC Router

Setting up a Lenze VFD with new C11G controller for CNC Router

I am upgrading my CNC to closed loop motors, which required me to get a new controller. I am trying to figure out how to set up the current Lenze VFD with my new C11G controller. Things aren't labeled the same, and I am inexperienced enough to now know how to translate between them.

The C11G wiring diagram and the description of the Lenze VFD terminals are both attached. I'm thinking it would be set up like this, (but nothing is working yet in Mach 3, so I don't have something quite right):

VFD 11 would provide 12vDC to 12vdc input
    VDF 5 would go to 0-10V input
    VFD 2 would go to ACM
    VFD 1 would go to Forward
    VFD 4 would go to DCM
    I don't use reverse, so I don't think I need anything?

If you have any different opinions or advice, I would sure love to hear them.

Thanks,
    Don
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lenze VFD Terminals.jpg   C11GWiring1024_1.jpg  

Re: Setting up a Lenze VFD with new C11G controller for CNC Router

Quote Originally Posted by TempestDon View Post
    I am upgrading my CNC to closed loop motors, which required me to get a new controller. I am trying to figure out how to set up the current Lenze VFD with my new C11G controller. Things aren't labeled the same, and I am inexperienced enough to now know how to translate between them.

The C11G wiring diagram and the description of the Lenze VFD terminals are both attached. I'm thinking it would be set up like this, (but nothing is working yet in Mach 3, so I don't have something quite right):

VFD 11 would provide 12vDC to 12vdc input
    VDF 5 would go to 0-10V input
    VFD 2 would go to ACM
    VFD 1 would go to Forward
    VFD 4 would go to DCM
    I don't use reverse, so I don't think I need anything?

If you have any different opinions or advice, I would sure love to hear them.

Thanks,
    Don
    Nothing attached. no nothing required for reverse
    Mactec54