585,715 active members*
3,927 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Spindle sound issues - video

Spindle sound issues - video

During warm up, the spindle does not sound right at the highest RPM (24000). I thought the sounds was a much higher squeal pitch, whereas now it is much deeper and louder – as in it made me rush to see if everything was ok. Perhaps it is just me, but I wanted to get your thoughts. I recorded video of it and uploaded to my YouTube channel – the issue occurs right after the 3:53 point.

https://youtu.be/Nrpd2WKXidk?t=230

Re: Spindle sound issues - video

Quote Originally Posted by szavoda View Post
    During warm up, the spindle does not sound right at the highest RPM (24000). I thought the sounds was a much higher squeal pitch, whereas now it is much deeper and louder – as in it made me rush to see if everything was ok. Perhaps it is just me, but I wanted to get your thoughts. I recorded video of it and uploaded to my YouTube channel – the issue occurs right after the 3:53 point.

https://youtu.be/Nrpd2WKXidk?t=230
    Sounds like the Bearings are on the way out in the High-speed range, how old is the spindle and how much work has it done
    Mactec54

Only 2 months old with just a few hours on it. I will have to see what Camaster support wants to do. I had some stuff I wanted to do over the weekend - not sure if I should....

Quote Originally Posted by szavoda View Post
    Only 2 months old with just a few hours on it. I will have to see what Camaster support wants to do. I had some stuff I wanted to do over the weekend - not sure if I should....
    It sounded ok in the mid-range speed so run it in that range, is this an air-cooled spindle, it could be the fan that has a problem if it is air cooled, and the noise could be from there, it's too new for it to be Bearing but you never know, check the fan though
    Mactec54

Turns out it was a particular 3/8" bit that was causing it. New bit with only a few cuts on it, but who knows. I ordered another to see if it changes things.