585,931 active members*
3,647 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Reconnecting to the network

Hello all,

I have a 2013 Sharp SV-4020 with a Fanuc Oi-MD. Recently I have been trying to reconnect my machine to the network. Every time I try, I get the code E-0408 [265]. When I look up the code, the only one I can find that is "E-xxxx (No message) An internal error has occurred. Make a notification of the error number.

Now I am not an expert on using the Fanuc or networking. I don't even know how to change most of the parameters and the manual doesn't make any sense to me. I know the machine was connected to the network because I used it before.

However, my company did get hacked a long time ago, and we had to change to a more secure networking company. Anyway, I contacted Fanuc about connecting to the network and I told them about the error and the guy just completely ignored the error code.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Reconnecting to the network

hey
    Please give some more details for us to try to help you
    First of all,where you get that error,in machine side or laptop/Pc side?
    A picture with the page where you set up the IP and subnet will help also
    Do you have an embedded network port or you have a separate network card?
    How you comunicate with the machine? What soft you use or is just explorer?
    Did you set up yor PC/Laptop to the manual Ip adress and giive an manual IP ?
    Usually i do 192.168.1.100 subnet 255.255.255.0 to machine side and 192.168.1.101 to my PC/Laptop
    Thank you

It is on the machine side.
    I use the embedded ethernet card.
    I communicate with an ethernet cable going to a router.
    I just use explorer.
    I don't have the authorization to set up any addresses on my computer.
    I can, however, alter the information in the machine.

Here is the image of the embedded ethernet settings.

i suggest you to connect locally with a laptop first and see the communication beteween machine and laptop is ok
    Can you ping the machine from the PC or viceversa?
    If is not possible you need the guy who set up the network to help you as it might need permission of the CNC on your factory network
    As far as i see now it is a problem on your factory network

Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    i suggest you to connect locally with a laptop first and see the communication beteween machine and laptop is ok
    I agree with zavateandu's comments, and while he did not specify, that laptop should not be connected to the factory network while you are troubleshooting this problem. Not being connected to the network should make it easier to set IP addresses on the laptop. If the laptop is tightly locked down and even when not connected to the network you can't change IP settings then you need to get IT/Systems/Network guys involved.