584,808 active members*
5,139 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > EDM Discussion General Topics > 1992 Charmilles Roboform 20 CNC no axis movement

Hybrid View

1992 Charmilles Roboform 20 CNC no axis movement

Hopefully someone can help me out on this. I recently picked this up from a small shop auction that the owner passed away. Found after I won it the guy bought it from a dealer, (his wife said he paid $7500 for it), about 4 years ago but never used it. She said they had a repair guy get it all set-up and running but after that his health started to decline so he never used it. I know 2 or 3 boards were replace by the previous owner about 10 years ago. Some of the problems it has been giving me is sometimes one relay (there are 4 next to each other) will click when pushing the power button but not power the machine up. If I hold down the power button the relay will just click rapidly. I can get the machine started by sliding the little manual pin on the relay. I bought some relays off ebay so hopefully that will fix the power up problem. Next thing was none of the axis moved with the pendant till I realized the diagnostic switch was engaged(locks out axis movement). After switching off, all the axis moved so things were looking promising. But then for some reason the next day, none of the axis moved again. The buttons for jog speed work though. All the fuses are good, I have all green lights on the boards just nothing moves in manual mode. The only alarm kind of thing that will show up is if I'm in edge setting and press an axis the bottom of the screen pops up with E750: Limit X motor torque, E751: Limit Y motor torque or E752: Limit Z motor torque. I have pulled the boards and reloaded the software a couple times. I have a diagnostic floppy but when I try to run it, after chargement the screen goes blank all that happens is 2 green dielectric lights flash. Anyone experience anything like this with a Roboform?

Re: 1992 Charmilles Roboform 20 CNC no axis movement

hello

did you get htis machine running?
    if not, i can get it going for you....
    pm me and i will give you my phone
    Registered Linux User #348337
    EMC2 Rocks!!!!