Hi All.

I regularly run rotary axis programs, and have never taken the time to understand the actual feed rate commands. This bit me lately as I would post out code and input feed rate of 100ipm and when the mill engaged the rotary portion of the program the rotary took off at basically a rapid feed rate. The output on the A axis move was a full rotation on 10in dia with F900.0 (roughly). Sent me down a rabbit hole trying to understand Degrees per minute vs Inverse time etc. I've rarely had the time to visit this as it doesn't occur too often and everything is always in a hurry.

I think the F900ish command from edge post is in Deg/min, so take approximately 3 turns in one minute is what it means. Hurco has Inverse Time Feedrate (G93), Feed Per Minute Feedrate (G94) and Feed Per Revolution Feedrate (G95) available. None of which seem to be in Degrees per minute. I found a check box in code wizard that was supposed to toggle on inverse time. At first it didn't post anything different, then I restarted and it posted an even bigger number than the F900. Is there a place to set a multiplier like Rotary feed rate/360 would get rotations per minute?

Thanks for any help. It hadn't occurred to me that this forum might have active edgecam users who we could colab with.
Take Care.
Greg