584,862 active members*
5,114 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > Bending, Forging, Extrusion... > Help with Hydraulic Press Brake Actuation

Help with Hydraulic Press Brake Actuation

We just got an Accurpress 7606. Was working up to the day it got shipped to us. Now we can't get the head to actuate whatsoever. Seller shipped it in the closed position (hydraulics at max extension), albeit unsupported.

Verified there is hydraulic fluid, motor turns on, and controller is sending signal to the manifold. The hydraulic manifold just clicks once and nothing happens. No errors are showing up either. Any ideas?

Re: Help with Hydraulic Press Brake Actuation

We had one of those and sold it years ago so my memory of its operation is foggy. Do you have a PC ets-xxxx control on it or just a manual floor pedestal control station?
    I presume you tried the yellow ram up button. IIR there was also a ram enable button that needed to be lit and there was some interplay between the pc controls mode and the floor pedestal.

Sorry I don’t recall more info it’s been years but I did find a troubleshooting manual here’s a screen shot of one page that may be of use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Help with Hydraulic Press Brake Actuation

It did end up being a motor rotation problem. We actually did try switching directions early on, but in combination with the motor not being primed (after blowing instead of sucking) and the fluid tank not being filled completely (potentially causing cavitation)... it made an awful sound as if something was definitely wrong, so we killed it immediately. It turns out filling the tank, and just ignoring the awful sound was the ticket, and the clanking went away gradually over about 15 agonizing seconds.