585,705 active members*
4,319 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EnRoute > 3D Routing offset

3D Routing offset

Hi Folks,

I have some curved pressed ply blanks that I need to cut backrests and seats from, ie an outline. Im wondering if theres a way to do a simple routing offset outline with a 3d lift and plunge along the curve. I could do it in 2 open contour offsets and calculate the 3d entry and exit lengths but a single profile would make life easier.

Is there a way to do this in enroute? All the 3d cutting tutes ive found have been for carving complex forms with 3d reliefs.

Cheers!

Re: 3D Routing offset

I do not believe there is a simple way to do in versions enroute without 3D enabled, as that sounds like a job for enroute's 3d options:
    where you would clamp your panels with a jig to the table, take as accurate measurements as possible, & use the extruding tools program the base-shape/curve as a solid convex-shape, extrude your reliefs above this, and export your toolpaths along their paths.

I believe they still offer a free trial of their new softwares via Sai website if you want to tinker around and give it a shot.