585,705 active members*
4,003 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: V23 Download

V23 Download

I do some PC repair work for someone who has a V23 license dongle but can't find his install disc. I found a post on here with a link but that link now just goes to the generic support page on the BobCAD site and there is no download for V23.

Does anyone have a full installer?

Re: V23 Download

probably best to contact bobcad and I'm sure they'll be able to link you to a download . Be sure to hit them up for posts if you haven't saved the old files .
    It's a drag they don't have the downloads on their site . I get the support life thing but it costs nothing for them to leave old downloads and posts on the site .

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
    probably best to contact bobcad and I'm sure they'll be able to link you to a download . Be sure to hit them up for posts if you haven't saved the old files .
    It's a drag they don't have the downloads on their site . I get the support life thing but it costs nothing for them to leave old downloads and posts on the site .
    They do (even though it's not free to keep things on AWS)--: https://s3.amazonaws.com/bobcaddownl...12)+Update.exe

Note that the BCC web site says they don't support V23 licensing with dongles anymore, although I don't know why existing ones might not work.

they keep downloads on their site from current to v26 . I've never found anything below that . I agree that it's not free , but in the big scheme of things it is basically nothing since I'm betting they are sitting on some pretty big servers

You need to be logged in to the BCC support site to see the links for things below V26.

good to know . For unknown reasons I always get that I'm blocked when I try to log in , I assumed it's because I don't pay maintenance .
    Do they have old post processors on there as well ? I recently did a v23 install from disk but the auto play for the post processors won't play on my win 11 . I eventually got the posts off the disk by other means . I looked online and v29 was the lowest they go on the regular site . I'm just asking more out of curiosity than necessity

Not that I remember. I think you get what's in the installer and modify from there or ask somebody to give you theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
    good to know . For unknown reasons I always get that I'm blocked when I try to log in , I assumed it's because I don't pay maintenance .
    Do they have old post processors on there as well ? I recently did a v23 install from disk but the auto play for the post processors won't play on my win 11 . I eventually got the posts off the disk by other means . I looked online and v29 was the lowest they go on the regular site . I'm just asking more out of curiosity than necessity
    Hi metal, most of the those v23PP's for download from BC were junk any way you didnt miss much. There is a program/app called MillEditPost.exe that came with V23 Mill installation disk to tweak any PP for any machine.. The program is very buggie and some functions do not work but, can be overcome. Or maybe you knew this already,,,

DJ

I find it easiest to edit them with notepad++ . The problem I had at the time was that the disk for the posts wouldn't play on my windows 11 . It kept throwing up an error that some file was missing which is related to windows files that are no longer installed on the newer versions of the os . I ended up doing a disk recovery which saved everything I need to the computer .

I haven't been able to log into the support site for the longest time . Anyone know if it is only for paid maintenance now , I don't even see a place to re-register unless I get more into the subscriptions

Quote Originally Posted by UngaBunga69 View Post
    I do some PC repair work for someone who has a V23 license dongle but can't find his install disc. I found a post on here with a link but that link now just goes to the generic support page on the BobCAD site and there is no download for V23.

Does anyone have a full installer?
    ...Did you ever find a copy of BC 23 ?

DJ

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ...Did you ever find a copy of BC 23 ?

DJ
    There's a link to it on one of my posts in this thread. IDK if OP ever tried it though.

Quote Originally Posted by shred View Post
    There's a link to it on one of my posts in this thread. IDK if OP ever tried it though.
    ...that download link looks to small to have both BC23 (300+MB) and the 1812 (248mb). I am downloading it now to see.
    DJ

UPdate on that file is only the 1812 patch.248,798kb

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ...that download link looks to small to have both BC23 (300+MB) and the 1812 (248mb). I am downloading it now to see.
    DJ

UPdate on that file is only the 1812 patch.248,798kb
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/bobcaddownl...1812)+Full.exe

So you can put this:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/bobcaddownloads/

And see the names of the file available.

Then use shreds link and change the name to what you want.

Like for my link, you could get build 1780 Full by just changing the build number in my link

The last update to V23 was 1812.
    You know I do have the down load disc and do have the latest update.
    Now working on windows 11 I have no idea.
    I use it on 7 and also 10 no problems
    Here is the thing or things though
    I still have lots of old jobs on V23,occasionally need it.
    If I coiuld some how be assured I would get the disc back,I could loan to you.
    The other thing is I believe there is a transfer fee that you are required to pay.Something like $100 dollars.
    So in the end you really need to call Bob.
    Just cause you get an install disc,I am not sure you will be able to post code without an authentication code from Bob????And paying that transfer fee.

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    The last update to V23 was 1812.
    You know I do have the down load disc and do have the latest update.
    Now working on windows 11 I have no idea.
    I use it on 7 and also 10 no problems
    If I coiuld some how be assured I would get the disc back,I could loan to you.
    The other thing is I believe there is a transfer fee that you are required to pay.Something like $100 dollars.
    So in the end you really need to call Bob.
    I just posted a link to the full 1812 installer?

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    I just posted a link to the full 1812 installer?
    ...good man Burr---yes, I tested the download on fresh XP2 PC and installed seems to work with my USB Dongle's....also, I have a few post process files if, anyone interested. Fadal, Dynapath, EMC that I have customized to work cleanly.

Enjoy

thank you for this,,,had the same issue