584,817 active members*
4,673 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > OMNI 1325 - The Spindle wont go to the bed height

OMNI 1325 - The Spindle wont go to the bed height

We have been using this machine for around 12 months and it has been fine, however i cannot get the Z access down to the bed.

1) I home the device on start up
    2) I move the X & Y axis to where i want to set my origin
    3) I move the Z AXIS to the bed (This is where the problem starts) it gets to around 500mm from the bed and will not descend any further.

I have contacted OMNI Support and after 3 days received a two word response, read this, along with a copy of the badly translated manual we already have and have been through.

The only other information is they say we should open the spindle cylinder to move down... Now i dont have a clue what that cryptic message means and nothing in their manual seems to match it!

Does anybody on here have any ideas what the problem might be.

I have not bought any more machines from this company because their support is legendarily poor so sadly i need to ask the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Av8b View Post
    We have been using this machine for around 12 months and it has been fine, however i cannot get the Z access down to the bed.

3) I move the Z AXIS to the bed (This is where the problem starts) it gets to around 500mm from the bed and will not descend any further.

I have contacted OMNI Support and after 3 days received a two word response, read this, along with a copy of the badly translated manual we already have and have been through.

The only other information is they say we should open the spindle cylinder to move down... Now i dont have a clue what that cryptic message means and nothing in their manual seems to match it!

I have not bought any more machines from this company because their support is legendarily poor so sadly i need to ask the community.
    Does it stop in the same place each time ? Have you got a tool z length offset active or a workpiece zero position set ? Perhaps the control "sees" a tool is still in the spindle due to tool clamp/unclamp signals incorrect ? Or simply a workpiece offset or soft limit parameter is corrupt or changed ?
    You need to remove the tool and try a few things.

Re: OMNI 1325 - The Spindle wont go to the bed height

Hello Sir,

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/HnDatWjF66Y This link is the guide about how to control double spindle head on cnc router by controlling air cylinder. Let us know if it still does not work.

Sorry for late response from after sales engineer. He just recovered from COVID 19.

Thanks for let us know your feeling and for any question, you always can contact us to [email protected] or [email protected].
    Amanda Cheung from OMNI, www.omni-cnc.com,
    [email protected], Skype: omni-cnc

Re: OMNI 1325 - The Spindle wont go to the bed height

Quote Originally Posted by Av8b View Post

Can you post a photo of your machine, mostly the Z axis, and what control are you using
    Mactec54