584,841 active members*
4,684 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC Swiss Screw Machines > Citizen M20 Start Position Change (1999 Year)

Citizen M20 Start Position Change (1999 Year)

Dear experts,
    Is there any way to change start position parameter in the machine? On my machine the turret is going to 180.0 (Z2) every cycle because its nominal start position is it. I lose about 7 seconds per one part.

Help me please.

Re: Citizen M20 Start Position Change (1999 Year)

Hi Cbayram7,
    I don't know if you can change the start position by parameter, but I don't think that is actually the reason that Z2 is moving at the beginning of your cycle. The Z2 movement is being caused by your mode change. I'm guessing you have a G600 or G630 at the top or bottom of your program (or another mode change). When the G600 mode is called the turret moves to the forward "home" position (close to the guide bushing) as part of this mode change, when the G630 mode is called the turret moves to the back "home" position. At mode changes you can add the W0 argument in $2 and that will keep your turret where it currently is (i.e. G600W0 or G630W0). Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by cbayram7 View Post
    Dear experts,
    Is there any way to change start position parameter in the machine? On my machine the turret is going to 180.0 (Z2) every cycle because its nominal start position is it. I lose about 7 seconds per one part.

Help me please.
    I would have thought you have a G54 that you can use to set a safe axis position, then last line of the program G54 G0 G54 would send it to the ie G54 Z100 position.

The must be a G54 explanation in your manual.

Re: Citizen M20 Start Position Change (1999 Year)

Quote Originally Posted by servtech View Post
    I would have thought you have a G54 that you can use to set a safe axis position, then last line of the program G54 G0 G54 would send it to the ie G54 Z100 position.

The must be a G54 explanation in your manual.
    Hi Servtech,
    You have used G54 in your Citizen M type machines? That's news to me. In 10+ programming Citizen swiss machines (M, L, A types with both Mitsubishi and Fanuc controllers)I have never seen nor used G54 in my programs. The G6xx codes control modes and work coordinate systems in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder27 View Post
    Hi Servtech,
    You have used G54 in your Citizen M type machines? That's news to me. In 10+ programming Citizen swiss machines (M, L, A types with both Mitsubishi and Fanuc controllers)I have never seen nor used G54 in my programs. The G6xx codes control modes and work coordinate systems in my experience.
    No, there wouldn't be zero shifts if the machine runs in absolute. Don't forget many macro's and m codes written by the manufacturer include ISO programming codes, so they are either not used or hidden.
    The point I was making was to check.