585,735 active members*
5,032 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

4th axis disable/enable

Hello - I am having trouble with a Dah-Lih VMC with Fanuc 0-Mc control. I want to be able to enable and disable the 4th axis - it looks like the machine came new with a 4th axis and has never had it disconnected before. If I disconnect the 4th axis cables I get alarms - the machine doesn't have a 4th neglect toggle switch like others I've seen. Is there some simple way (using parameters perhaps?) to enable or disable the 4th axis without adding the physical neglect switch hardware?

It depen on Keep Relay, designed by Machine tool builder

I did this last week on my machine with the 0m-C control, it's a different brand but it may work the same. Parameter #19 bit 1 controls the 4th axis neglect function, change it to 1 and the control should ignore the 4th axis not being hooked up.

Look in your parameter manual, it should be described there. If you don't have this, send me a PM with an e-mail address and I'll get you some info.

There are a few threads on here that discuss this also.

Rgds,
    John

also check your "software operator panel" which the MTB may have used to add a 4th axis neglect switch (thats how my hardinge/bridgeport vmc xp3 1000's are)

- gwarble

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    I did this last week on my machine with the 0m-C control, it's a different brand but it may work the same. Parameter #19 bit 1 controls the 4th axis neglect function, change it to 1 and the control should ignore the 4th axis not being hooked up.

Look in your parameter manual, it should be described there. If you don't have this, send me a PM with an e-mail address and I'll get you some info.

There are a few threads on here that discuss this also.

Rgds,
    John
    Hey John;

I thought that we are having similar situation, we try to knock the 4th axis out of a rotary table connected a FANUC controlled machine. we have checked for parameter #19, but we did not see that parameter.

Hi,

Check your parameters 9000 and above.
    On my Supermax parameter 9900 is for the A-axis on/off, change 4 to 3 (axis).

Regards,
    Heavy_Metal

Quote Originally Posted by izzetshn View Post
    Hey John;

I thought that we are having similar situation, we try to knock the 4th axis out of a rotary table connected a FANUC controlled machine. we have checked for parameter #19, but we did not see that parameter.
    Send me a PM with the machine control model and your e-mail address and I'll send you a file that will contain more info if I have it. I don't really have much on the "i" controls, just the 0i and 18i is all I have anything on...

Hi John,

can You send me also this doc about 4th axis deactivation? I also have the same problem, and p19 did not help to deact it.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by ceckaa View Post
    Hi John,

can You send me also this doc about 4th axis deactivation? I also have the same problem, and p19 did not help to deact it.

Thanks,
    You'll need to PM me the details about your machine so I can check to see what I have that may be relevant, and also let me know you're e-mail address 'cause I can't add attachments to a PM were I to send on to you...

Forget something...?

Hi,

I tried to send You PM, but I got an error massage:John_B has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages

My machine is a Yang smv 600 from 1997.
    It have Fanuc 0-MD control. The main problem is that the OEM make the 4th axis like a normal servo controlled axis, but they made also some changes in PLC. (B axis also under the geo axis in the position page)

I called yesterday fanuc service, they called that, some changes in PLC program and parameter list also needed.
    I scanned the parameter list, if it is usefull for YOu, You can find it in a topic, what I started. (I made it about 3-4 days ago, just about 4-5 topics scroll down)

Thanks,

Daniel

Re: 4th axis disable/enable

Hi all,

I'm facing a 4th axis alarm issue, but since we don't use this axis, I need to get the machine up and running. Could anyone please advise me on how to disable it?

The Controller is a FANUC 21i-MB

Thank you.

Re: 4th axis disable/enable

Did anyone find a solution to this 4th axis? We have the same issue, our machine has a fourth axis installed and it is the original but it was deactivated by the previous owner and we could not figure out how to reenable it again.