585,744 active members*
4,021 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Phase Converters > PhasePerfect PT380 noise

PhasePerfect PT380 noise

I bought a PT380 used a number of years ago. It has always made a lot of noise (sound). The output is quite stable and much better than the previous RPC I had, so on that front I'm happy.

The unit is loud. Fans are fine, but just idle, it sounds like bacon crackling and it makes a loud high frequency hum. This is annoying. Reading other comments, some have said their units make a noise like this and others have said they hear nothing. Tech support has been very responsive, but I am getting the impression that some units are just loud. "Why not consider selling that and upgrading to a newer unit?" Hmmm. It works properly and the noise isn't worth the $5k or so I would lose in that deal.

Has anyone tried to determine the source of the noise? I can try to poke at it a little closer once my new caps arrive, but I'm considering trying to apply some sound deadening on the non-temperature sensitive parts.

Any experience or other ideas?

Re: PhasePerfect PT380 noise

Quote Originally Posted by hackish View Post
    I bought a PT380 used a number of years ago. It has always made a lot of noise (sound). The output is quite stable and much better than the previous RPC I had, so on that front I'm happy.

The unit is loud. Fans are fine, but just idle, it sounds like bacon crackling and it makes a loud high frequency hum. This is annoying. Reading other comments, some have said their units make a noise like this and others have said they hear nothing. Tech support has been very responsive, but I am getting the impression that some units are just loud. "Why not consider selling that and upgrading to a newer unit?" Hmmm. It works properly and the noise isn't worth the $5k or so I would lose in that deal.

Has anyone tried to determine the source of the noise? I can try to poke at it a little closer once my new caps arrive, but I'm considering trying to apply some sound deadening on the non-temperature sensitive parts.

Any experience or other ideas?
    Hello, vibrations from loose components can contribute to the noise. Inspect the internal components of the unit and tighten any loose screws or connections. Be cautious and ensure the unit is disconnected from power before attempting any internal inspection or adjustment.

Re: PhasePerfect PT380 noise

Quote Originally Posted by jamesschmidt View Post
    Hello, vibrations from loose components can contribute to the noise. Inspect the internal components of the unit and tighten any loose screws or connections. Be cautious and ensure the unit is disconnected from power before attempting any internal inspection or adjustment. uno online
    Hope that my answer helps to solve your problem.