584,858 active members*
4,461 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Colchester Tornado lathes > 019 Chuck Length not Accepted Alarm

Exclamation 019 Chuck Length not Accepted Alarm

Hi, hoping someone can help with some infomation.

Model: T8msy
    Bar Feeder: MBF1000
    Fanuc control

The incident happened when setting up the bar feed loader, I didn't realise the adjustment forwards and backwards and as the fingers of the loader came up to collect the new bar, it has jammed where the bars would have been stacked.
    This had caused a few alarms to appear including; 013/014/016/19.

I have managed to reset all the loader by readjusting the up and down sensors on the loader however i am unable to clear this 019 alarm. this says 'chuck length not accepted.' i have tried re-referencing the bar feed and setting new values for the front and back of the collet but due to this alarm I can not get any further. This alarm will not let any programme run even if it does not involve the bar feed.

this may sound silly, but what is the chuck length in this case and how can i clear this message?

Quote Originally Posted by jason24 View Post

Fanuc control

The incident happened when setting up the bar feed loader, I didn't realise the adjustment forwards and backwards and as the fingers of the loader came up to collect the new bar, it has jammed where the bars would have been stacked.

I have managed to reset all the loader by readjusting the up and down sensors on the loader however i am unable to clear this 019 alarm. this says 'chuck length not accepted.' i have tried re-referencing the bar feed and setting new values for the front and back of the collet but due to this alarm I can not get any further. This alarm will not let any programme run even if it does not involve the bar feed.

this may sound silly, but what is the chuck length in this case and how can i clear this message?
    The chuck length is usually from the spindle face to the chuck face, collet chuck in your case. 100mm or 110mm etc. This length is usually a variable in the the barfeed sub program and a user parameter stores the data you input.

I wonder if the barfeed has lost this data during the collision. Perhaps the barfeed information can enlighten you. It maybe the Fanuc control is waiting for chuck length confirmation from the barfeed ?

Fanuc control

The chuck length in the machine user data might need to be sent to the barfeed for the bar feedout length during program. Maybe the Fanuc control is waiting for a confirmation signal from the barfeed? ie (example) chuck length = 101.6mm or 4"
    Perhaps barfeed needs this length re-sent by the barfeed sub program with data following the collision ?.

Re: 019 Chuck Length not Accepted Alarm

Fanuc control

Hello I have same problem
    Have You found solution?