585,712 active members*
4,149 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Daewoo Puma 230M turret won't index

Daewoo Puma 230M turret won't index

Hello!
    I am working with a daewoo Puma 230M cnc lathe, fanuc controller 18-T.
    I have mounted a parting tool way too long. I was precaucious, so that the turret would not index in the wrong direction, until one point a I made a manual mistake and the turret rotated in the wrong direction, and crashed.
    The turret remained stuck at the position where it is crashed, and now it is indexed between two tools, and clamped. It won't rotate freely. The machine does not give any alarm.
    Can somebody please help me how to reset the turret, because i don't have the service manual for this machine. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by mrk_varga View Post
    Hello!
    I have mounted a parting tool way too long. I was precaucious, so that the turret would not index in the wrong direction, until one point a I made a manual mistake and the turret rotated in the wrong direction, and crashed.
    The turret remained stuck at the position where it is crashed, and now it is indexed between two tools, and clamped. It won't rotate freely. The machine does not give any alarm.
    Can somebody please help me how to reset the turret, because i don't have the service manual for this machine. Thank you
    The collision could have caused the turret to slip on the curvic coupling.

Remove all the tools and bungs, release the ring of clamp screws in the turret and refit a tool block. Use a copper or dead blow hammer to correct the turret rotation position. You may have one or two taper pins with the machine tools, lightly drive these in to finally correct the turret position, tighten the turret clamping screws, then, very important, remove the alignment taper pins or serious damage could occur if another collision.

Maybe the procedure is on line.

Quote Originally Posted by mrk_varga View Post
    Hello!
    Indexing impact will not damage curvic, because curvic disengaged to allow index.
    Used K5.4 = 1 to allow free rotation. Unjam. Align and alter back to K5.4 = 0
    Doosan Service Technician
    [email protected] O:973-618-2461 M:973-803-9479

[QUOTE=dhardt;2538666]Indexing impact will not damage curvic, because curvic disengaged to allow index.
    Used K5.4 = 1 to allow free rotation. Unjam. Align and alter back to K5.4 = 0[/QUOTE

If the turret was clamped it certainly can slip on the curvic, I didn't say damaged. Simply unclamping using the keep relay to rotate freely won't necessarily realign the turret.

[QUOTE=servtech;2538690]
    Quote Originally Posted by dhardt View Post
    Indexing impact will not damage curvic, because curvic disengaged to allow index.
    Used K5.4 = 1 to allow free rotation. Unjam. Align and alter back to K5.4 = 0[/QUOTE

If the turret was clamped it certainly can slip on the curvic, I didn't say damaged. Simply unclamping using the keep relay to rotate freely won't necessarily realign the turret.

[QUOTE=servtech;2538690]
    Quote Originally Posted by dhardt View Post

I believe we are in agreement. Indexing rotation crash will not damage/slip a curvic.
    Clamped curvic crash absolutely will damage/slip a curvic.

When I read his comment, it looked like he had a long tool and was trying to not index the tool near the chassis...accidentally he did. Indexing the tool into the chassis would not move the curvic.

https://youtu.be/7Ucg2v3jEgs