584,861 active members*
4,847 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > how many Cimatron users are here
Page 2 of 4 1234
    I using cimatron to but still use cimatron it ver 9.0

I currently use Cimatron E8, design plastic injection molds, electrodes ans cnc cutter paths. They still do the webinars. Usually about one a month. You need to contact them and let them know your e-mail account so they can send you notices of when they are having them. They will send you a link to download Interwise so you can view the weinars. Make sure you load this on your computer well before the webinar starts. They won't wait for you if you have problems. Cimatron is very good software. As with any, there is always room for improvements. If there is an enhancement you would like to see, you need to log onto there support page and log in a request. They will send it of to R&D. If it's viable, they will add it into future releases. Remember....squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Wow so many Cim users here!
    Myself I started with Cimatron IT ver.6 or 7 .
    I am still using IT 13.1 yes is old but the job is done and very fest.I am not under presure to use E!
    Yes Cimatron is very good software.
    Most people look for price when they are looking for CNC 3D software they do not see what is able to do!Ones you understand power of Cimatron you will smoke jobs! Ya.

Hi
    I have been using cimatron for 3 years now.i started at E6 up to E8 and its a good software.really nice in programming and surface modelling. but in design some how other software are much easier to use like pro e, solidworks. does anybody know if cimatron can run on a 4 axiz horizontal milling.

First thing, it will drive a 4-axis fine.

Second, harder to use than ProE? I am not sure about this one, I have been running Cimatron for a good while now just down the hall from some guys running ProE, when they get a really nasty part model imported from the customer that will not stitch solid without a lot of work they have me deal with it. Where they prefer a stitched model to work with Pro Mold, I don't care if the model is solid or opened trash with edges that don't match. Don't get me wrong, it is easier if the faces do match but I can still work with long before they ProE guys get it stitched up. I realize that Part of that is due to the way the guy running the software thinks, our ProE guys are very strict about everyday operations... I prefer not to starch my shirt, less rules are better sometimes, at the same time the more strict ruled they follow make some of their assembly features work much faster.

Third, solidworks, I like it, if I did not already own Cimatron I would probably buy solidworks. I would miss the surfacing in Cimatron though, but its a matter of time before rhino makes its way into solidworks i think or something of similar functionality. I have never seen a mold split done in solidworks though, i think i would ask them to split one of the ugly ones before taking the plunge.

Danny

I use both Solidworks and Cimatron. I find that Cimatron has the best design for a CAM package. The other guy here uses Mastercam X and I'm able to get toolpaths out quicker. I just wish the translators were free like every other CAM package. Find it kinda sad I have to use iges or step files. But other than that I think the guys at Cimatron are tweaking out all the bugs and adding alot of flexibility with it.

Cimatron is great software.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyCAM View Post
    The other guy here uses Mastercam X and I'm able to get toolpaths out quicker.
    We all use Cimatron where I work for nc, for some it can be really quick, others really struggle with it. I don't think its the software every time that makes us fast or slow. I enjoy programming with Cimatron, it makes the work day more tolerable.

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by dannystooblue View Post
    We all use Cimatron where I work for nc, for some it can be really quick, others really struggle with it. I don't think its the software every time that makes us fast or slow. I enjoy programming with Cimatron, it makes the work day more tolerable.

Danny
    totally agree. It's really the user being capable enough of using the software properly. But I only say this because I've used both programs and when I first switched to Cimatron I was struggling alot because of the tactics I chose were geared towards Mastercam. But after about a year of using it I find that it does make programming alot easier.

Are you using templates or autodrill much? I use templates alot for the simple stuff, they can save a ton of time. Autodrill... still have not set it up yet.

Danny

Cimatron, rocking

What suprises me from the general level of comments are that the majority of you are are using Cimatron E for Mould Design and or NC, and no mention of the Quick Electrode, is that because you all just use it, or is this not something that is important to you. Some of our users in the UK have displaced other software with this module, namley PS Electrode and Mastercams electrode. If anyone wants more information please contact me.
    Are there any users of the Die Design modules out there, we would like to make contact with you and get your expereince online
    :cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by dannystooblue View Post
    Are you using templates or autodrill much? I use templates alot for the simple stuff, they can save a ton of time. Autodrill... still have not set it up yet.

Danny
    I rarely use templates, its usually when I have setup a special toolpath like a helix bore or something that I really go back to using it.

The autodrill I use everyday, its a little cumbersome at first with all the ranges and values you have to set and Cimatron is VERY particular about the hole dynamics but since I do all my own designs the ranges I set 99% of the time some drill sequence will show up. But I would really recommend you get familiar with the autodrill.. The MasterCAM guys will never know our secret on how we can get drilling cycles out so fast.. Haha

I rarely use templates, its usually when I have setup a special toolpath like a helix bore or something that I really go back to using it.

The autodrill I use everyday, its a little cumbersome at first with all the ranges and values you have to set and Cimatron is VERY particular about the hole dynamics but since I do all my own designs the ranges I set 99% of the time some drill sequence will show up. But I would really recommend you get familiar with the autodrill.. The MasterCAM guys will never know our secret on how we can get drilling cycles out so fast.. Haha
    Parametrics and Intelligence built in?

I'm Cimatron user also. I'ts really great I found this forum. Its true Cimatron have great tools for mold and die. With regards the CAM, I think thats where I need help. I'm struggling at my first machining because I'm new to it.
    Can anyone give a suggestions or sample templates that have good parameters I can work on? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdelacruz View Post
    I'm Cimatron user also. I'ts really great I found this forum. Its true Cimatron have great tools for mold and die. With regards the CAM, I think thats where I need help. I'm struggling at my first machining because I'm new to it.
    Can anyone give a suggestions or sample templates that have good parameters I can work on? Thanks
    Best advice is just to jump in lol

me too

me

Best advice is just to jump in lol
    me

cimatron is a powerfule tool

I love Cimatron

:cheers: I have Capability to Work with Cimatron Design,NC,Electrode,Qucik Split & Mold Design.

Its Very user friendly. But I am like to see Cimatron to be focussed towards Product design also.

I am using Cimatron Since 2004..Starting from the Version Cimatron E4.0

At Present I am using Cimatron E9.0..

My Mail id - [email protected]

(flame2)^^^Cimatron***Cimatron***Cimatron***Cimatr on***Cimatron***Cimatron***Cimatron***Cimatron***C imatron***Cimatron^^^

Talking Cimatron - best cam i ever used so far

i have been using ciamtron 8.5 for about a year its the best cam software i have ever used, love it, we just got the 9.0 haven't tried it yet, i'm sure it will be great,

i used mastercam for about 8 years before, and edgecam for about 2 years, also tried esprit for about 6 months, just in case your wondering,

Page 2 of 4 1234