585,753 active members*
3,826 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Dyna 2800 Mill

Welcome! I have been put in charge of dispostioning a Dyna Myte 2800 Mill from my University. But I need to know some specs on it, and for the life of me, I cant find the wieght of the machine. It is on a wheeled table right now, but would need to rent a pickup truck with a hoist or lift gate to move it. It needs to be moved ASAP but I cant make any decisisons until I learn the weight of it. Would there be any interest in this working machine? What should I ask for it?

BTW I was able to move the South Bend Magnaturn 612 Mill (850 lbs but the Dyna seems much heavier). Seems like a fair price, should I advertise here in the classifieds? http://cgi.ebay.com/South-Bend-Magna...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for the help - Dave

So its a tease you want eh?

As I recall, the 2800 weighs about 600lbs. Uses a 30 taper spindle with either a 1hp or 2hp motor. Rapid traverse is 60ipm. Control holds 999 lines of code but can use Dyna's drip feed program for larger files.

At Dyna, we used a forklift to move them with straps or on a pallet. A pickup truck will carry it just fine, but it will take a lot of people to try lifting it manually. I'd suggest an engine hoist and some good straps.

Thanks Caprirs! I appreciate that vital information. I will post in the classifieds as soon as I get an auction up.

What I think I may do is rent a box truck with liftgate for the day ($60-80) to transport directly to the shipping facility where they can use a forklift to place it on a pallet. As it is on a wheeled cart at loading dock height, so a regular pickup will be too low as well as finding an engine hoist to lift high enough.

I see it listed as 690# on http://www.desktopcnc.com/out_of_prod/old_dyna.htm

Where is this mill located?

Quote Originally Posted by lanb View Post
    I see it listed as 690# on http://www.desktopcnc.com/out_of_prod/old_dyna.htm

Where is this mill located?
    Great website, it even offers info on how to ship carefully. Thanks! I'm in the New Haven, CT area.

Can anyone explain where the bolt goes to lock the counterweight in place so the chains do not break?

I still have not picked up the Mill by the way, but ill let everyone know when I do.

Quote Originally Posted by v8_dave View Post
    Great website, it even offers info on how to ship carefully. Thanks! I'm in the New Haven, CT area.
    I did not see the packing and shipping information on the site. Where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by lanb View Post
    I did not see the packing and shipping information on the site. Where is it?
    Sorry, I just meant the information on locking the counterweight.

As I recall, the counterweight is held in place with a crossbar, not simply a bolt. In the side of the column, there should be a couple holes that allow a bar to be passed through the column and through the counterweight.