585,982 active members*
4,580 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Enroute 3 Users - I need help!

Enroute 3 Users - I need help!

I am trying to cut a 2" OD x 1" H hemisphere out of 1" Corian. No matter what I do I cannot get it to cut the full 1" depth and it has been cutting my 2" OD to 2 1/2" OD. This enroute software is very fustrating.

FYI - We are using a 1/2" Ballnose bit. I've tried lying about the material thickness, still doesn't cut the full depth.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Check Out My Build-Log: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6452

Are you Just looking at it in the preview or when you go to cut it it wont do it. I know i have to ajust the max depth on my router to make it cut the full 1 inch be cause the materal wont be quite an inch
    I'm young and I'm just trying to learn from people that know.

Quote Originally Posted by trooper55 View Post
    Are you Just looking at it in the preview or when you go to cut it it wont do it. I know i have to ajust the max depth on my router to make it cut the full 1 inch be cause the materal wont be quite an inch

Both, in the preview the toolpaths don't go all the way to the bottom of the material and when we cut it it's stopping 1/4" short of the bottom. We cut through 1" and thicker material all the time and never have a problem cutting through, only have this problem when doing a relief for this sphere.

I even tried lying to the machine and telling it that the material was 1 1/2" thick and to cut the full 1 1/2" - but it still only cut 3/4" into the stock.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Check Out My Build-Log: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6452

Hi Java
    What machine are you using
    Have you set the tool parameters in the tool library for the cutter, diamater as opposed to circumference
    On our Tekcel there are two ways to set the bed height on the motion controller if this is wrong a full cut may not be possible or worse bye bye bed,hope this helps
    Mal