585,938 active members*
3,324 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Inconsistent Spindle Brake?

Hi Guys

Is anyone else having intermittent Spindle Braking application? I cannot seem to come up with a repeatable sequence to make it do it all the time? If anything, it seems to do it more at the lower Spindle rpm's. Would be interested in hearing from anyone who is experiencing this and any ideas as to what might be casing it. Thanks for your help.

Willy

Quote Originally Posted by Willyb View Post
    Hi Guys

Is anyone else having intermittent Spindle Braking application? I cannot seem to come up with a repeatable sequence to make it do it all the time? If anything, it seems to do it more at the lower Spindle rpm's. Would be interested in hearing from anyone who is experiencing this and any ideas as to what might be casing it. Thanks for your help.

Willy
    All the effing time. Contacted Tormach. Reply was to set the vfd pots which I had already done. I don't know if it's the VFD or the signal from mach. I'm still using mach2pcnc.

When it happens and I'm standing at the machine I'll tap f5 twice to start/stop the spindle and it will brake then.

Hi Keith

Yes, I was told to do the same thing. I can't seem to re-produce it, just does it when it feels like it. Mine seems to do it more at the lower speeds. Can you reproduce it?

I also had problems with my VFD fault LED coming on and my Spindle stopping when I decreased the Spindle rpm's 500 and was told to adjust the Decel pot. That did fix the fault LED coming on but now it takes allot longer for the Spindle to wind down.

Willy

I've had the same intermittent braking issue with no apparent reason the spindle braking or failing to do so. I'd also adjusted the decel pot so maybe it was adjusted too much.

Mike