585,931 active members*
5,275 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Supermax exploded drawing

I'm looking for a manual for a Supermax YCM-40 spindle assembly. My brake and speed selection is acting all wonky. Doing a gogle search found nothing for a maintanance manual. Where do I look? Where can parts be found?

Still haven't found a parts manual, or service manual. I did find this though. I figure tear this apart, take pictures, fix the worn parts, and then do mine once I know how they work. Mine is alittle different with 142volt servos, bersas the 70v. servo onthis. Mine alsohas the servo on the right side while this is on the left. The rest of the parts "should" match up....

http://i1.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/b0/b8/6fa5_12.JPG

After tearing it apart, I can safely say, you don't need a manual or exploded view. It is amazingly simple. There are a couple of washers to make sure of placement, but only a couple.

I have a manual for a YCM-40. What I do need is a schematic which is not in my manual for some reason. I bought my machine a few weeks ago and when I turn it on, I get a momentary green light turning on and then nothing. It has a Dyna system-10 cnc unit on the milling machine. I am not sure what it is, maybe a simple thing like empty oil reservoir or not enough air pressure. The magnetic 3 phase contactors have correct voltage to them but something is telling them not to turn on probably for good reason. Anyone able to help here? thanks...jr

What kind of manual do you have? A real honest to goodness exploded views, or an operators manual showing oiling points? Even though I did mine blind, I'd really like to have a copy for future references. Any chance you could scan the pages?

As for the control, no, sorry, mine is a Anilam Crusader M.

The manual I just paid $50 for is called the Mechanical Manual. There are a total of 63 pages. It is disapointing in my opinion. I am looking for a schematic so I can trace the problem I am having. I could photo copy the manual and mail it out for $25. If anyone knows where I can buy a Manual for a Dyna Path System 10 for my YCM-40 milling machine, at a fair price, let me know...jr

MrWild,
    I believe MACONA here on the Zone has a Supermax. Perhap's PM him????

Chich

Quote Originally Posted by jr2233 View Post
    The manual I just paid $50 for is called the Mechanical Manual. There are a total of 63 pages. It is disapointing in my opinion. I am looking for a schematic so I can trace the problem I am having. I could photo copy the manual and mail it out for $25. If anyone knows where I can buy a Manual for a Dyna Path System 10 for my YCM-40 milling machine, at a fair price, let me know...jr
    $25 doewsn't sound too bad for scanning, printing, and postage. Heck, you could scan and save to a CD and that's be even easier for ya. Can you give me a synopsis of what's in the 63 pages? I agree, at darn near a buck a page, my bunger would have had spasms of pain. Let me know what the "Mechanical Manual" details, and if you have PayPal.

I can easyly let my wife photo copy the manual and send it off to you. I~ will check if we still have a paypal account. I~ wanted to scan that content page to you but my scanner is out of one of the inks and won't let me even scan to file. can you believe that? call me at 386-631-0652 or email me. I am still needing a schematic of the dynapath system 10 to trace my problem.jr

YCM supermax

I have a YCM-40 Supermax. Its a 1987. I (think) I have the manuals as well. I will look tonight and see if I can find them.
    Matt

No luck here all the info I have is for the controller,nothing for the mill. Sorry.
    Matt

Supermax YCM-40

Did you find what your looking for?

I'll have to check and make sure my mill is a YCM-40... if it is, I think I have what you need. I believe I have all the manuals, scematics, etc... for the mill and the controller (Anilam Crusader M).

Let me know,

Kevin

No, I am still in need of the operating manual. I did locate a person out in california who is familiar with the DynaPath system 10 controler. mine is dead and I tried interchanging one of the perefial boards but still dead. Now I made plans on sending him my complete processor unit with all of the boards so he can get it runing. In the meantime, I could use the ycm40 operating manual. If I can help others, I will once I get going myself... thanks ...jr

JR,

My mill is a YCM- 1 1/2VS, not a YCM-40. My controller is an Anilam Crusader M. I don't have anything on a Dynapath System 10 controller. I'm not sure if the YCM-40 is the same as a YCM-1 1/2 or not...

I was running up the spindle RPM's last night on my YCM-40 supermax and the yoke broke.I dont know if yoke is the right name, but its the thing that moves the belt assembly up and down. Where can I find parts for this old machine?

Matt

I ordered parts for a ycm mill in 2007.
    YCI INC. 10629 Forest St
    Santa Fe Springs,CA.
    ph 562-906-6118
    fax 562-906-6109
    The part I think your talking about might be called the speed change plate.
    the part # in my book is item # 181 part # FB-057
    the part I ordered was not what your looking for but is was for was a YCM-40 CNC miller

Model #YCM-18 Date:1988
    MFG #803001

I think it would be a good idea for you to find out why it broke.Check out the rest of the head.The sheave should be able to move up and down freely
    hope this helps

Thanks, The prior owner never changed the RPM. It was gummed up with 20 years of gunk. I cleaned and lubricated it. I have since been told I should run it all the way up and down every week to prevent this.
    Thanks
    Matt