Hello all,I am writing this as a novice to cnc,so,this is just what I did to convert my machine.I am not telling anyone that this is the way to do it,or that I have used the best stuff.It is just my opinion that works for me.When I started to think about doing this,I had a hard time finding info on what to use and how to do it.So,I am giving info on what I used,and where I got it.I have no interests on any of the companies
I am converting a Grizzly model 1126 gear head mill.It is a fairly large bench model with 9 by 24 table travel.Table size is 9 1/2 by 32.I have had this for a few years now,but never used it because I had gotten away from machining for a while.It is a real nice machine.The first thing I did was take it apart and clean it.I wanted direct drive for the motors to the screws,so I would have to make motor mounts to fit it.I already have an Emco Maier lathe with mill head attached,so,It would be no problem for me while the grizzly mill was apart. After much reading,(my head was really hurting)I decided on a system from Super Tech and Associates in Arizona.They have a great website,with tutorials on using their products.The system I decided on was a fairly heavy duty system.It is three axis with 16.6 amp power supply.It is called Gecko Power Three.It has 1200 0z/in nema 34 motors.It came prewired,and ready to plug in to your computer.I liked this because I was able to immediately play with it in simulation mode.Their Super Cam software seems really easy to use for a novice like me,and was able to simulate doing circles and such almost immediately.It comes in a windows 98 to ME dos setup,which I chose because of the computer I am using for this.It also comes in Super Cam XP and VIsta,but you need to have their Campod adapter for the system.I also have this unit,for later when I have some additional money for a new computer,so I can use XP.The manual I have is for Super Cam,and thay are working on the XP manual at present.The XP version comes with a tutorial on using it,so the manual is not necessary to use it,but would be nice to have next to the machine for reference.I like the XP screen better.It is easier for me to use.I put it in my other computer to try it out,but won't use that computer in the basement.The software does G-Code import export,HPLG Plot FIle Import & Editor,and 3D DXF FILE Import.If you are interested,go on their website and check it out,because they can tell you better than me.Next I will do the motor mounts and ballscrews.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1815.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	44115

Name:	DSCN1813.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	44116

Name:	DSCN1814.JPG