Will this work with UHU?
    U ... 50V
    I ... 7,5A
    3000 turns/ min.
    600W

Encoder with 500 lines will be mounted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polak_2.jpg   Polak_03.jpg  

Hello Jakubik!
    Yes this will work with UHU, but you need a good Cooling for the Mosfets. 7.5 Ampere are too much for a standard Cooling.
    My Maschine run with 48 Volt, max 7.5 Ampere Input and encoder with 500 lines faultlessly.
    Greatings
    Anton

Edit: Excause me my bad English. I am coming from Austria.

Quote Originally Posted by Anfänger View Post
    Hello Jakubik!
    Yes this will work with UHU, but you need a good Cooling for the Mosfets. 7.5 Ampere are too much for a standard Cooling.
    My Maschine run with 48 Volt, max 7.5 Ampere Input and encoder with 500 lines faultlessly.
    Greatings
    Anton

Hello Anton,

I have similar cooler, additionally with fan. Mosfets are IRFP260N and I´m already running with it engine on enclosed photo (in X and Y axis). But they have only 1000 rpm, the new one has 3000 rpm. Isn´t it too much for servo?

Jan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails motor_X.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Jakubik View Post
    Hello Anton,

I have similar cooler, additionally with fan. Mosfets are IRFP260N and I´m already running with it engine on enclosed photo (in X and Y axis). But they have only 1000 rpm, the new one has 3000 rpm. Isn´t it too much for servo?

Jan
    Hallo Jan!

You have no problems with the UHU and your servomotor.
    3000 rpm x 500 lines = 1 500 000 signals/min
    1 500 000 : 60 (sec) = 25000 signals/sec
    The UHU controller can cool 200 000 impuls/sec

Greatings
    Anton

Slight calculation error. 500 lines are read 4 fold. This means 2000 steps with a 500 cpr encoder. Also 100000 steps per second.

Mach can only output about half. so you'll need the step multiplier (built into the UHU)

Erik Jan
    What goes down, should come up.

Hallo!
    That's right, but you can set the Uhu from four to two signals.
    Now, we have 50 000 signals. Mach can 100 000.
    Greetings
    Anton

Hallo!
    That's right, but you can set the Uhu from four to two signals.
    Now, we have 50 000 signals. Mach can 100 000.
    Greetings
    Anton

Dear Anton,

how can you change signals from encoder? For example encoder with 500 lines gives 2000 impulses per revolution, am I right?

Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Jakubik View Post
    Dear Anton,

how can you change signals from encoder? For example encoder with 500 lines gives 2000 impulses per revolution, am I right?

Jan
    Hallo Jan!
    That's right.
    You can change the impulses with the terminalprogram "UHU Exe". The signals will be halved.

Greetings
    Anton

Hello Jakubik!
    Greatings
    Anton

Hi Anton,

I am planning to run my motors at 110V 7.5 Ampere! what should I use. . think water cooling.

I think the peak current is rarely utilized, however have you observed overheating of your heatsink while working?, what other problems have you come across?

Can we have a picture of your control box?

RGDS
    IRfan

Unhappy

Hallo Jan!

You have no problems with the UHU and your servomotor.
    3000 rpm x 500 lines = 1 500 000 signals/min
    1 500 000 : 60 (sec) = 25000 signals/sec
    The UHU controller can cool 200 000 impuls/sec

Greatings
    Anton
    Hello all,

I have received this engine on Friday, mounted encoder (HEDS5500 with 500 lines) and tested. Strange is, that Mosfets are getting warm but not hot, but engine is getting really hot, even if it is not moving.

If your motor is rated at 50V and your power supply should be only slightly higher to make up for controller losses. With the 110 volt supply, the drive will be outputting very narrow pulse widths, increasing EMI and losses (heat) in the windings.

You can add inductors in series with the motor but would not be the best way to fix the heat issue. The correct way would be to lower the supply voltage.

Try running the motor at rated RPM without a load to see if it still heats up - this will increase the pulse width to overcome the BEMF and lower the losses dramatically. If this fixes the heat issue then power supply volatge is definately the root cause.

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by pastera View Post
    If your motor is rated at 50V and your power supply should be only slightly higher to make up for controller losses. With the 110 volt supply, the drive will be outputting very narrow pulse widths, increasing EMI and losses (heat) in the windings.

You can add inductors in series with the motor but would not be the best way to fix the heat issue. The correct way would be to lower the supply voltage.

Try running the motor at rated RPM without a load to see if it still heats up - this will increase the pulse width to overcome the BEMF and lower the losses dramatically. If this fixes the heat issue then power supply volatge is definately the root cause.

Aaron
    Hi Aron,

My motors are rated at110v and not 50 v, i am observing heat in theRLC circuit (snubbers) , onlythat i am waiting for the circuit development by Kreutz.

RGDS
    Irfan

Quote Originally Posted by contactirfu View Post
    Hi Aron,

My motors are rated at110v and not 50 v, i am observing heat in theRLC circuit (snubbers) , onlythat i am waiting for the circuit development by Kreutz.

RGDS
    Irfan
    Dear Irfan,

Aaron is probably speaking about my motor (see the beginning of this thread). I was testing this motor with lower voltage, about 30V (not 50V) and the motor was after few minutes very hot, even if it is not moving. It will be in the Z-axis, so it is moving not so often. Maybe helpful will be something, what will disconnect power to the H- bridge, when the motor is not moving. I think about relais card, controlled from computer. Disadvantage will be, that there should be before each movement in Z-axis in G-code written M03 and then M05 after movement.

Jan