585,604 active members*
3,282 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile software for plasma cam

Hi
    I am trying to locate some more software for metal art to use on my plasma Cam CNC machine.
    I have seen the the Mega Collections on www.vectorart.com , which I really like ...but don't know if they will work on my machine. I really need to know if they can be imported properly or converted so that I would be able to use their software. Any suggestions on how do you do it would be deeply appreciated.

Post Software

Take a look at WE-CIM Cutting Shop Edition http://www.wittlockeng.com/v17CuttingShopDataSheet.pdf

Independent CNC Programmer
    www.ctcn.net/~3kings/

Dunno if you ever figured it out ,but for posterity your Plasma Cam will import any .dxf file and read it properly. Vector art is usually sold as .eps. You will need a way to convert this to .dxf. I use Corel Draw for this because I like the ease of use , but you can use a free program called Inkscape and be a happy converting and cutting camper.:rainfro:

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by adamatforge View Post
    Dunno if you ever figured it out ,but for posterity your Plasma Cam will import any .dxf file and read it properly. Vector art is usually sold as .eps. You will need a way to convert this to .dxf. I use Corel Draw for this because I like the ease of use , but you can use a free program called Inkscape and be a happy converting and cutting camper.:rainfro:
    Thank you for the information on the software. I have purchased Corel and will check out Inkscape to see how it works also.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Independent CNC View Post
    Take a look at WE-CIM Cutting Shop Edition http://www.wittlockeng.com/v17CuttingShopDataSheet.pdf

Independent CNC Programmer
    www.ctcn.net/~3kings/
    I will check out the WE-Cim Cutting Shop Edition. Thank you for the information.

thanks

thank you a lot of useful knowledge

plasma software

Hey Im knew to this forum, Just joined tonight. Not even sure if im in correct thread. But Im trying to find out if there's anyone out there that can answer a question about plasma software. Appreciate it.