585,748 active members*
3,673 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Probe calibration cycle confusion. G78 bore locate works but G72 calibration doesn't
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Probe calibration cycle confusion. G78 bore locate works but G72 calibration does

Quote Originally Posted by gwood View Post
    Various wiring diagrams attached relative to Rel 2.3x & 3.2 all are the same Physical Wiring. One shows the switch setting for OMI-1 & MP700 as well.
    Also the Configs for Rel 2.3x with latest updates Configs all show Software ports 0 for Spindle and 1 for tool Probe.
    As long as the Spindle Probe gets loaded by M6 with tool type set to "Probe"; then if stylus is push with string or by hand with the door sw closed;
    then you should get an "Unexpected Hit" Alarm.
    Amazing info again, thank you yet again!

those DIP switch settings in particular, super helpful!

Taking a look at both of those diagrams. They seem to line up with the physical diagram I have. The tool probe is probe 0 and the spindle probe is probe 0. I'm so confused how the software has them all the other way around...

I swapped the pins around (so they really *do* match the diagrams now!)
    confirmed false hits trigger as expected (load probe and give it a finger swat)
    with no other changes - same behavior as before.
    unchecking '360 type probe' - and it runs through the calibration!

Here is a long youtube that starts *after* the first turn but shows the finish and calibration values (and my general rambling!)

https://youtu.be/DSe4UFDcCb4

I'm going to match up dip switch settings with everything you've sent over and give the 360 type another shot. Also turn the speeds back up so it doesn't take so long

I noted a difference between the successful calibration and the failing one - the successful one moved right to start, the failing one moved left to start. Don't suppose that suggests any weird config or other ideas as to why the 360 type behaves differently?

Re: Probe calibration cycle confusion. G78 bore locate works but G72 calibration does

Please show a photo of the "Machine Application" > "Spindle Probe" after it is properly set for the 360 and MP700; changes "committed" and "control has been re-booted"
    Please show a photo of the "System Registers" > "Spindle Probe"
    Please show a photo of the "Cycle Parameters" > "Spindle Probe"

Page 2 of 2 12