One picture is the one that arrived today , the other is one arrived friday and I quickly converted on the weekend . Basically everything was done with a drill press or and hand drill , aside from milling the cross slide . I didn't get fancy and I cut and winged it as I went along . I may do something down the road to lighten the look of it and make it not so blocky , but I only care for it to function than to look pretty
When you don't have bluing spray for layout then fast dry black does the trick

Overall there aren't many hours into it and it's performing exceptionally well . The 570oz motors are probably overkill for what it is but thats what I had on hand . I've set it up to use linuxcnc since my emco lathe is running it to . The rapids are set low at 60 ipm which is quick enough on a small lathe like this . Linuxcnc has been installed on an old windows 7 hp thin client that was previously being used on an x2 mill .

I've been going hard on the emco and with production levels spiking I needed another solution . I have parts that I run which need to be held within .0005" on the od , and considering the stick out it would be enough challenge for an industrial lathe not to chatter . I've done a lot of program tweaking to get the emco to hold sizes with a good finish . Yesterday I dropped the critical program on the conversion and it held sizes all afternoon with an exceptional finish . There was a bit of creeping over time but it's to be expected on any lathe holding a tight enough tolerance .

Overall I'm impressed . I'll break down the first lathe and trace all my parts for the second one . The factories don't know what deburring is and the slides need a good cleanup , then after that they are smooth .
For now the last thing I will do is some grinding on the casting under the z motor mount to square it up a bit better . I left the ballscrew on the x a bit on the long side since I may want to get a bit more movement from the slide , time will tell

Btw all this was done with what was at hand at the time , some bolts need to be replaced with proper sized cap screws . Also cop keyboards are awesome in a shop , you'll see that in the pics as well . They are expensive but can be found on ebay for pretty cheap