585,722 active members*
4,148 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > plane problem mc 2020 for solidworks

plane problem mc 2020 for solidworks

Experienced SW user, total new user of MC though. Trying to do the CAM for a flat rectangular part with a bunch of holes. Axes were all screwed up because the original sketch was drawn on the front plane. I moved it to the top plane in SW. The large gnomon in the MC window is correct now. When putting in a drilling op, the large green arrows come up as pointing up from the bottom though; I flip them all in the drill dialog box. if I right click on the drilling op in the feature window the simulation works fine, but if I go to the machine simulation button in the ribbon and try to run a simulation there I get "the toolpath is not correctly oriented. the current machine definition can't post this toolpath. do you want to rotate the toolpath" to which I answer yes, then I get the toolpath is not for 3 axis machine, posting process exception. I think I need to flip the part; does this mean I will need to delete and redo the drilling ops? or Can I flip the gnomon so the z is down and then regen? Also my large gnomon axes do not align with the small gnomon axes in the lower left corner, if that matters...not sure how to proceed when one sim works and the other doesn't. I have not yet tried to post...
    See my stuff for sale at http://stores.ebay.com/Industrial-Tool-and-Machine-Works?refid=store

Re: plane problem mc 2020 for solidworks

It may mean that the WCS and T & C planes cannot be achieved using your post p.

WCS is set as per your setup being used. T/C planes are how the planes are then presented to the spindle axis.
    So...
    If you have a 3 axis machine, then the WCS=T=C
    If you have additional axes, then the WCS is how you set the part in the machine, with the origin set the same. Any planes you create, should be presented to the spindle in the same manner, with a corresponding origin being set for that view.

Simplest thing you could have done was set WCS to be the FRONT, set T&C planes to the same as the WCS, then program your features.

The "TOP" plane is what you have set as the WCS