584,842 active members*
4,224 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Bobcad customer experience
Page 3 of 4 1234

Re: Bobcad customer experience

Hi,
    not withstanding the difference in licensing and the history of the respective software I can get simultaneous four and five axis for $2145/year (Fusion + Machining Extensions)
    whereas it would cost $25k to get BobCAD, if the previous post is correct.

$25k cuts me out no matter how good.

Craig

Hi,
    well tell me more. When I went to their website they didn't even list their prices, and they certainly didn't say there were subscription options.
    I don't like subscriptions but it would mean that I could afford a capability that otherwise I cannot have.

Craig

I use both the latest BC and Fusion. Fusion already bent over the regular users by moving all the 4th stuff to 'extensions'. Don't think that won't continue to happen. I prefer the CAD side of F360 better than BC v35, but a friend thinks the opposite. CAM-wise for a one-time expense, we've got BCv35 more or less forever; good and bad. Stop paying F360 and it's gone, but you can pay it for a bunch of years before it comes to the same cost as BC. Apples and Oranges, take your pick.

BC will still move licenses of V24 and V25 around if prodded enough, which doesn't suck for fifteen year old software. Try to get Microsoft to give you a free download for Office 2007 and re-register it.

Hi,
    comparing Fusions Machining Extensions to BobCAD/CAM looks like 5-axis PRO is the equivalent, but its not listed as a subscription, and the price of
    5-axis Premium is $25k.

Craig

Hi,

Stop paying F360 and it's gone, but you can pay it for a bunch of years before it comes to the same cost as BC. Apples and Oranges, take your pick.
    That encapsulates it perfectly. It does not really matter if one is better than the other or vice-versa, they both work......its just that I cant afford BC UNLESS maybe they offer a subscription.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by shred View Post
    BC will still move licenses of V24 and V25 around if prodded enough, which doesn't suck for fifteen year old software. .
    I've had them do that at least twice after having hard drives die , but til now there has never been a notice to say that anything beyond 3 versions back " cannot be re registered " . I suppose time will tell since no one from bobcad will come here to clarify that , though they were here to advertise today

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    I can't license my 30 year old software, so I am going to sign up for subscriptions from AUTODESK and solve all my problems!

I am a long standing BobCad Customer, but this refusal to support 30 year old software is a deal breaker! I am going to sign up for AUTODESK! The answer to all my problems. My new Autodesk even cleans the company restroom!

!
    v23 is the oldest version I have , it's also the only one I have with a lathe module . I honestly don't give 2 s$%ts about the old version . It was only a few years ago I bought v31 which is according to the bulletin not able to be re registered , it's written on their site black and white

I just went to the steakhouse and spent about 2.5 minutes. Found this really great meal!!!

Attachment 489098

This formerly claimed "Non Existent" meal was spotted because, well, I eat meat and we all know one needs those particular amino acids to function....

Thats like 21 bucks a month!!!

Vegetarians keep trying to discourage from eating meat...

since what I was replying to got deleted I edited the below

bobcads subscription is ok for someone who can live within the limits of express , unfortunately they don't have better subscriptions

Hi,
    that's a joke, I need simultaneous four and five axis, anything else is wasting my time. I have asked and the tech whom responded said that 'Yes BC do subscriptions on
    both 5-axis PRO and 5-axis PREMIUM.'

The sales team are going to get back with a price.

Does anyone care to take a guess as to what would be a fair subscription rate for PREMIUM, which costs $25k perpetual?

Craig

My customer experience with BobCad is awesome. Top notch. Great people and help.

Contrast that with the competition. They have to send employees out to try and diminish and discredit BobCad because everybody knows that if left alone, BobCad would take all the customers and put them out of business.

Cant get ahold of anybody if you need to. If you manage to get anybody, they are extremely uninformed and unhelpful.

bobcad support has been great for me to but lets face the facts , they aren't going to take over the world and they are the least of the worries for the "competition"

if anything is going to piss me off it's this

And BobCad has in house training. The training staff has direct access to the dev team and can directly answer questions and help customers.

Unlike the competition. All 3rd party yahoos. A hodge podge of training to go with the hodge podge software. No continuity to any of it.

those things are great if your paying for that support . Otherwise what does a guy have for options , come to places like cnczone and get 3rd party yahoo's ? Mastercam does inhouse to and they respond immediately , but once again your paying for that support . I don't pay I don't expect support except for when it comes to licenses

The other communities may not have so great of support but autodesk for example has a mass of guys who help one another out , they put out tons of videos etc , the community takes care of itself . Linuxcnc software for example is free , they can say you got the software for free go figure it out , but they don't , they help one another instead . There is a whole lot of that happening all over , guys simply helping one another without prejudice
    Bobcad could be that way to but the official forum is basically a ghost town , and this one , well ..............

Dear moderator,
    I have been honoring your request. I have been posting my own thought and experiences. Nothing to anybody or directed at any individuals

There seems to be a jagg off who feels the need to respond to anything i post.

How long do you think i should listen before i respond?

Am i somehow required to accept this from the user. Please pm him and request him to piss along now.

Sorry I thought you were posting for us to hear and or respond to . I tried to keep it respectful myself and I didn't realize you were talking to the sky . After all this is a discussion forum ! I'll leave you to eat your steak , sorry to disturb you

[Moderator note:] If you think some of the replies in this thread are somewhat dis-jointed, that is likely because some off topic messages have been deleted from this thread.

While threads do drift, there comes a point where its one step over the line.

Please keep in mind that comments directed to the Moderator team should be done by using the "Report" button (available at the bottom of every post) or by sending a PM to one or more moderators. Do not further derail a thread with comments directed to a moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
    bobcad support has been great for me to but lets face the facts , they aren't going to take over the world and they are the least of the worries for the "competition"

if anything is going to piss me off it's this
    IME they say that, but will still re-register old versions on new PCs of yours if you ask. Maybe we ask nicely, and I've not tried trying to transfer a seat to someone else, just moved between PCs..

Quote Originally Posted by shred View Post
    IME they say that, but will still re-register old versions on new PCs of yours if you ask. Maybe we ask nicely, and I've not tried trying to transfer a seat to someone else, just moved between PCs..
    Thats what I am hoping . They've never posted something like that before and they only know why . With another cad I have the most up to date version , except I still use a version a few versions behind because it had stronger features on a few things that got messed up in the newer versions . They changed their licensing server software or what ever and I was unable to re register that version online. . I contacted them and they fudged it on their end for me to get it registered . I hope that may be the case with bobcad , they haven't let me down to this point , but seeing that is still concerning . If that is carved in stone then it's not good for any one of us . The change is coming in march so I guess we'll soon find out

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    My customer experience with BobCad is awesome. Top notch. Great people and help.

Contrast that with the competition. They have to send employees out to try and diminish and discredit BobCad because everybody knows that if left alone, BobCad would take all the customers and put them out of business.

Cant get ahold of anybody if you need to. If you manage to get anybody, they are extremely uninformed and unhelpful.
    I get it that BobCad doesn't want or should continue to support legacy software so far as walking you through problem that's on you because you didn't watch the video or read the manual.

But to refuse to grant a software unlock code that you paid good money for, and just want to load it on to an older computer so you can pursue your hobby is just wrong in my opinion.

I'm cancer survivor, and Chemo has left me with many deficits. I'm nearly deaf, and have great trouble learning new things like software and languages. (Please no sympathetic BS)

I simply can't effectively learn a whole new cad/cam package at my age and mental cognitive state.

This totally sucks as I only have one super slow laptop with BC 21 on it and when the hard drive or motherboard crashes I can no longer make the cool stuff for my friends and fellow survivors I used to do,
    Is a sentance fragment?

Page 3 of 4 1234