howdy..homebuilt router guys...

i was just wondering if any one has tried cutting steel with their home built cnc router (and yes i know a bunch of yall are now rolling your eyes ) i know its not the best machine for milling steel, i machine steel all day at work (well turn on a lathe any way) but i was wondering if any one has tried it on their light weight home built cnc router, a router is a pretty light weight machine,at least home built machines tend to be light weight,but there are some heavy wieght factory made machines cutting steel sheet material,so if you have ,and have made some pictures of the crash that resulted it would be pretty cool to see your sucess or failure,or post a video of the machine cutting,now having said that dont every one rush to their router with a cast iron engine block to try cutting it because i suspect if you are not very careful ,you could break your machine very fast...but any way... (im imagining a 200 pound engine block sitting on a 50 pound mdf router..ahhhh funny stuff...lol..im pretty easy to amuse...)