585,591 active members*
2,645 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Dolphin CAD/CAM > Partmaster CAM will not run? Help!

Partmaster CAM will not run? Help!

Hi Guys

I am having problems with my Dolphin Partmaster Level 2 program hanging up when I go into the CAM section. It opens but I cannot control anything with the mouse (screen is dead) and the only way to shut it down is to use the Control Alt Delete. I tried re-installing the software which didn't help.

After re-installing the software when I go in to enter the Licensing information, my only choice is to transfer license to another computer. It will not let me manualy enter in the information? Should you not have to re-install the license info after re-installing the software?

Anyway basically useless at the moment. Any suggestions what might be wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Willy

Hi Willy,
    When you go to the licensing information does it show it is activated? Are you getting any specific errors when trying to use the CAM software or it just hangs the system up? If it is a server error there may be an easy work around; also what version are you using? I had some server related errors with my first installation.
    Regards,
    Wes
    Regards,
    Wes

Hi Wes

If I go into Help/About DCad/Status is shows a Serial number under Token and says "Copy Control Token OK, enable products, CAD, CAM-Milling, Gear Design,Serial Comms, Post processor compiler, Geometry Editor, (UnLockIt License)" The version is 9,1,1011 Dolphin Partmaster Level 2

I am not getting an errors, it just hangs when I opene the CAM program. It hangs if coming from CAD or just starting CAM. The Mouse curser works on the screen but nothing happens if I click on a function at the top of the page. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Willy

Willy,
    From the information in the Help/About section is looks like the license is still activated. I was having similar problems with mine but I was getting a 'server' error and I was able to work around it by renaming the extension of the server file to .txt to prevent it form running. I believe I posted this problem here in the Dolphin forum so if you can find it it will probably have the work around in that thread. I cannot find the email I got from Dolphin for the work around as it has been awhile. Since windows is not reporting any errors I am not even sure if your problem is caused by this server anyway.
    Wish I could be of more help, but Chad Clark will probably see your message soon and get to the bottom of it.
    Wes
    Regards,
    Wes

Hi Wes

Thanks for the suggestions and for trying.

I purchased Partmaster a while ago and never got around to using it. I now have a reason to use it and it doesn't work. Usually the way my luck goes. I would hate to see what happens to it if you use it all the time? Thanks again.

Willy

Hi Willy,
    If the operations you need to post are not too complicated maybe they can be completed within the DCAD program. If your part is already drawn have you tried to create the toolpath within DCAD and use the post processor there for the program. I use it a lot of the time for simple things where I do not need a lot of options or control and it works fine. I prefer to use the DCAM program when I need something with more alternatives, but I was thinking maybe you could post the programs needed in DCAD. Just another alternative that may work. I was very aggravated when I needed to use mine and had the server errors basically keeping me from doing what I needed to get done too, but it has been a very good program to have since I got past the original problems.
    Regards,
    Wes
    Regards,
    Wes

Will,

Are you trying to import a file to the CAM, or are you double clicking it from the desktop, or are you picking a machining module from the DCAD and going from there. I need a little more info to tell you exactly what is happening and get a fix for you.

P.S. Sorry for the inconvienence and I will get this handled for you.

Hi Chad

The Cam program hangs any time it is opened. When I open it directly or if I am coming from the Cad program with a drawing.

I can start the Cam program and open a drawing and as soon as the drawing opens the program hangs.

I can start the Cam program and start a new job. The Mill Setup window opens and as soon as I click OK the Cam program hangs.

If I am in the Cad program with a drawing and select "Machining/Milling Module", the Cam program opens with the "Machine Setup" window. As soon as I click the OK in this window the Cam program hangs.

When the Cam program is hung, the curser can be moved around the screen using the mouse but I cannot do anything with it. None of the icons work. The only way to close the Cam program is to either go to "Control Alt Delete" and close it that way or to right click on the Partmaster Cam icon at the bottom of the screen and select close.

I tried re-installing Partmaster which did not fix it.

I had not been using Partmaster for along time and when I went to use it the other day this is what happened when I tried to use the Cam program.

Thank you for looking into this for me.

Willy

Willy,

The best thing for you to do his remove the current version using the Control Panel, Add\Remove Software and then download the latest version from the link below: It is an updated version 9 from what you have.

http://www.zen26610.zen.co.uk/Downlo...ng_running.htm

Copy any post processors which have been modified for you as they will not be in the general download.

Willy,

I see that you got the program back up and running. Did you get the new activation code? How is everything now?

Chad Clark

Hi Chad

Thanks for looking after this for me. The Cam program is now working OK. I did get and installed the New activation code.

Any idea what might of happened to the original Cam program? It hadn't been used for a while and when I went to use it itwould hang?

Thanks again for your help.

Willy

It could have been something you installed between now and then or something in windows. Not 100% sure, but it's taken care of. If I can do anything just let me know