585,698 active members*
3,818 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Help..Stuck at relay ext dc voltage missing but dc voltage OK ?
Page 1 of 2 12

Help..Stuck at relay ext dc voltage missing but dc voltage OK ?

I have a series 2 interact 2. I have rebuilt the failed dc voltage regulator. I now have both the unregulated 29-30 volts dc and the 24 volts regulated....but the dang MDI control (Heidenhain 151) is still not happy and wont let me past this error message....what am I missing....please list any thoughts you have on what would cause this error prompt if not the regulator.

re

follow the emo string

Ya Thanks gus......where would I find that piece of string and what color is it ??? 8-O........LoL......Unfortunately I don"t have a flow chart for the emergency
    off circuit.......so I am not fully certain that I have tested all the components on the circuit.....all the limits are of course obvious. But I am not certain of all the other checks this control does yet.....oil...air pressure....etc.....I gotta be overlooking one somewhere...........common Gus........ you said this would be easy......8-)

Did the 24v DC fail in a mode that put significantly higher, or maybe AC, volts onto the TNC - if so has the 24v input on the TNC let the magic smoke out?
    Andrew Mawson
    East Sussex, UK

It's right there on the wiring diagram.

I'm sorry, but a 24v issue is pretty easy to trace

vertical line "11" on the diagram. the power enable button bypasses some of it. look for 24 volts at every single point.

respond AFTER you have done that

Just in case, I found a scan of the wiring.

George
    Attached Files Attached Files
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

According to George`s PDF the e-stop line is 110v.Nice clear drawing that, better than the one in the book.
    Mark.

re

Nope 24V

Gus
    Going by the schematic that George posted the E-stop buttons are quite clearly 110v

Aaarrrrggggggg

Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    It's right there on the wiring diagram.

I'm sorry, but a 24v issue is pretty easy to trace
    GUS...BUDDYYY >>>PALLLL I cant read the schematic ? I can not see the text, it is too low a res....remember you were going to send me a hi res copy ???.....I dont have a manual for this machine...I do not have a "readable" copy of the dc circuit............and sadly if it is as easy as you imply....the MDI dc voltage sensing circuit is cooked...remember I dont know why they chopped this machine up....

THANKS GEORGE this is the first bridgeport schematic I have been able to actually READ......yay THANK YOU>>>>>

Another point guys.....dont forget where I am...eh...CANADA........this is a 600 volt machine.....so I still do not have a fully accurate diagram.....I have found circuits on my mill that do NOT appear in ANY schematic I have seen so far...including the most recent sent by George "machintek"

Line 11 ?????????????????????

vertical line "11" on the diagram. the power enable button bypasses some of it. look for 24 volts at every single point.

Gus.....please tell me you mean line 116. Line 116 Unregulated 30v dc to various switches AND to regulator........Line 90 from reg to ground.....and line 65 from regulator with 24v dc to MDI unit ?

Dirky,here`s a link to the service manual for the 151.I notice the inputs are protected by what Heid call fuse resistors.Worth a look at.

http://filebase.heidenhain.de/doku/o...b/sa151155.pdf

Mark.

I was mistaken Gridley, it is in fact 110, nonetheless it is where he must start to find the lost 24v.

Thanks for the link Mark....Yes I see that...they have many of the cicuits protected with a 47ohm fuse/resistor.....this is exactly what I expect to find....

respond AFTER you have done that[/QUOTE]

OUCH kaboom smokin meter....hows that for a response.

just screwin around Gus.....thanks for the heads up
    I will look into all the points on that circuit soon as Im home....

Dirky,
    vertical line 11 on the drawing is 110 volts.When you get to the stage of having the "ext 24v missing" message is 2CR and 10CR energised?
    10CR coil is energised with 24v dc and 2CR is 110v ac.
    Provided the e-stop buttons are out,the oil level switch is made and the fuse on the 110v line and the fuses supplying the transformer are ok 2CR should be energised.
    CR10 needs 24v dc from the TNC to energise it.
    Can you check this?
    Mark.

Page 1 of 2 12