584,865 active members*
4,892 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need schematic for Eltee Pulsitron EDM

Hi, I've been googling around and ended up here, not sure if anyone can help.

I have an old Eltee Pulsitron conventional EDM that blew up last week. A friend is good with electronics and has fixed several things but now we need a schematic for the gap condition board. I have the manuals with the general schematics, but this is not included.

Can anyone help? TIA!

I used to work for Eltee Pulsitron

Hi,

Maybe I can help you out. I used to work for Eltee Pulsitron from 1981 to 1986. I was the head of the test floor and Sr. Electronic Tech there for 5 years. At the time that LT closed there doors, I went out on my own and started repairing these machines here & there. I haven't done any in recent years but I still have some parts and components. I remember alot of the machine & circuits. I don't have any schematics but I can make one from a board. Since you have the schematics, this may help me too. Maybe we can do some business. Where is the machine located? Please reply to [email protected].

EDM machine documentation requirement

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    Hi, I've been googling around and ended up here, not sure if anyone can help.

I have an old Eltee Pulsitron conventional EDM that blew up last week. A friend is good with electronics and has fixed several things but now we need a schematic for the gap condition board. I have the manuals with the general schematics, but this is not included.

Can anyone help? TIA!
    Can you please share available information for the subject matter I have recently bought 2 nos of second hand machine without documentation.
    Condition of the machine is good and we need support on documentation side.
    Detail of the machine are as below-
    EDM machine
    Make - ELTEE PULSITRON
    Model - EP 30
    Sl. No. 0721 & 845
    Volts - 210/230/250/460
    Ph. 3
    Cycle - 60
    KVA - 6

Quote Originally Posted by Gary De Young View Post
    Hi,

Maybe I can help you out. I used to work for Eltee Pulsitron from 1981 to 1986. I was the head of the test floor and Sr. Electronic Tech there for 5 years. At the time that LT closed there doors, I went out on my own and started repairing these machines here & there. I haven't done any in recent years but I still have some parts and components. I remember alot of the machine & circuits. I don't have any schematics but I can make one from a board. Since you have the schematics, this may help me too. Maybe we can do some business. Where is the machine located? Please reply to [email protected].
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you please share available information for the subject matter I have recently bought 2 nos of second hand machine without documentation.
    Detail of the machine are as below-
    EDM machine
    Make - ELTEE PULSITRON
    Model - EP 30
    Sl. No. 0721 & 845
    Volts - 210/230/250/460
    Ph. 3
    Cycle - 60
    KVA - 6

Quote Originally Posted by ssmt21 View Post
    Detail of the machine are as below- . . . .

What do you need to know?

EDM machine documentation requirement

What do you need to know?

I need documentation like circuit diagram, Instruction manual, Operating manual for the machine.
    Regards.

Re: Need schematic for Eltee Pulsitron EDM

I can't believe I'm back here after 14 years.

I recently retired and am selling everything, but my Eltee quit working a while back. I would imagine that right now it is only worth scrap. My buddy has spent quite a bit of time trying to track the problem down. What happens is that when I press the "Cycle start" button, it clicks and the light goes on -- but the ram won't move.

What we know:

- The voltmeter should go up to around 100 when the button is pushed, but it doesn't move off zero.
    - There is no voltage at the ram.
    - Jogging works fine.
    - There is no continuity between the ram and some component (?) inside the cabinet, and there should be.
    - He has narrowed the problem down to either the pulse timers or the gap control board.
    - I have the general schematics that came with the machine when it was new, but we need the schematic for that particular board.

As it is, I'm not sure I could give it away, considering the cost to have it moved. If we can't get it fixed I will probably have to pay somebody to haul it out of here and scrap it.

Anything here? Do I have a pile of scrap?

Did you ever get this sorted out? I have the same machine.

Clay

Anything here? Do I have a pile of scrap?

Quote Originally Posted by claya View Post
    Did you ever get this sorted out? I have the same machine.

Clay
    Nah, it's still dead in the water. Anybody here interested in it, plus a WORKING Hansvedt Bench SMB150 EDM? Will let them go very cheap.