584,837 active members*
4,895 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Spindles

Spindles

Well in my quest to find an alternative to my PC router I ran into this site:
    http://camaster.com/

who happen to sell a desk top router and other versions (larger) with VFD spindles and such. there prices seem to indicate that the spindle they are using might be reasoniably priced if they sell /offer them separate maybe?

Anywho I sent them email but figured maybe someone here already has asked.

b.

This is the same chineese import that tigertec is importing. I saw them at the milwaukee ww show and I asked them about their spindes and they also purchased them in quantity. You can contact david slowinski at tigertec, the spindle is water cooled, dont remember the HP rating, and they were talking like $1K. Once our machine is up and running we were going to look into this. Too many things on my plate right now though.

BG

tigertec

greenb

do you have the tigertec machine? I am looking to purchase soon and dont really have to get a "brand name" one and this will be a startup business.
    I really liked the camaster and shop sabre but i think that might be more than my budget can allow. So im looking for a more friendly purchase.

I bought a 2.2KW spindle from china on ebay. The user name is linearmotion bearings2008 and the store address is http://stores.ebay.com/linearmotionbearings

I do have to say that I was scared at first to buy directly from china, but my fears were unfounded. The spindle did take a while to ship but it finally did arrive and it works great! Super quiet at low & high speeds. I switched over from a PC 7250 router. I have some pictures posted here in my gallery.