585,743 active members*
5,161 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Which plasma machine do I pick?

I thought I was sold on Tracker but after reading the forums,I dont no what to do?Is Dynatorch better?Should I just fab my own?If so,which company should I purchase the motors,parts etc from? Please help.I think I have my mind made up and then read bad things.These guys talk about stepper and servo motors,oz,this is all new to me.I just want to make or buy once.Thanks,Brad.

I'm sure one of our sales staff might be able to help you, if you want you can give them a ring 866-571-1066. Other then that I'll attempt to not plug our table here.

-Mike
    Mike @ Torchmate.com | www.Torchmate.com
    Toll Free : (866) 571-1066 M-F 7:30am-4pm PST

There are so many plasma table manufactures.I know that Torchmate,Dynatorch and Tracker have a good track record for customer support.I own a Dynacnc 4x8 I had some small issues with the table nothing serious.I know there are quite a few people on this forum who have complained about Dynacnc,maybe I am one of the lucky ones,who knows.....I do know this if you really comb this site you will find there are some really cool tables people have built especially JCARS.When the time comes I am going to build my next table using one of CandCNC kits.I have learned more about plasma from TOM CAUDLE of CandCNC on this site and his yahoo support group then anywhere else.

Thumbs up Stay Away

I cant tell you which table to buy but I can tell you what one to stay away from {PRACTICAL CNC } There customer support is non existant and dont let them tell you any different Thank god mine has had no serious problems so far but my buddy's table built and purchased at the same time 1 yr. ago has been down for week's now waiting for replacement parts for his controller and everytime he calls they give him the same answer either there so called tech support person who i'll not name here is not in and there seems to be no one there who can help him out. After weeks and weeks of waiting and a few dozen phone calls and messages left to which there was no response he finally got a hold of Joe ( the Owner ) Last i heard Parts were in and suposed to be shipped , was his reply And for some strange reason they told him they only built 3 tables useing the parts he required to repair his defective controller (his , Mine and 1 other ) i ask myself why only 3 tables .were these just parts he had laying around or was there a known problem with these parts and if so why was i not made aware of this. It only takes a phone call and god knows they sure called me enough time's (at least once a week) when i was unsure as to who's table to buy. Anyway im just glad mine hasnt failed yet and when it does i'll not bother with them i''ll junk there controller and build or buy someone elses .And would i ever buy another one from them ? ( NO ) not in this lifetime.Nor recomend them to anyone .

Just my two cents.

Check Out Dynatorch

Search Dynatorch on cnczone. Lot's of my pics and stuff on DT. Great support and a great product.
    MetalHead - http://www.mechmate.com