585,744 active members*
4,021 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Macro program

I have a Seicos 18M cotroller. The manual says there is a o9000 program for the M6 to call up for tool change. Is this a Hitachi Seiki specific program, or is it a program I write and upload?

Roger

Usually the programs in 9000's are all written by the machine builder/installer. Not sure if this applies to your case, but most likely. Sometimes they are also password protected so operators can't change anything in those programs. The manual should tell you all of this.

Thanks for the reply. What is really baffling me is that there are two sets of parameters in this machine. I am searching for the system macro variable that tells me the spindle tool. In most Fanuc based controllers, variable #148 is the number of the spindle tool. Not in this case. I use it in my macro check to make sure the right tool is in the spindle in case of restart in mid-program. Any thoughts?
    Roger

I know how that goes. I still cannot find a parameter that is causing our dress macro program to hang up every once in a while. Hopefully this isn't your scenario. If the parameter isn't listed in Seico's manual, the builder/installer's manual should have it. By spindle tool do you mean the spindle that rotates the tool changer? I am having no luck finding a manual to that control either.

The controller is actually a 10M. I have the manuals. The actual spindle that machines is the one I'm talking about. Variable #149 can be activated by using a "T"code callup in the 6000 parm. This only gives me call up reference. I'll keep looking. I will probably write a program that fits to the controllers limitations.
    Roger