584,871 active members*
5,427 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Sharp CNC > Coolant foaming problem
Page 2 of 2 12
    Quote Originally Posted by HuFlungDung View Post
    Before I'd try to 'cure' foaming with (tramp) oil, I'd think a water test is in order. Perhaps it is possible that water can be too soft? Question: how do you make water hard artificially, not that you'd want to go to the other extreme. Somehow you would have to get a bit of calcium in the water.
    As far as Blaser is concerned, they use Calcium Acetate (powder form) as an anti-foam agent. One con against this type of foam control is that the powder does not always dissolve properly in the coolant and it tends to cake the coolant sump pumps/holding tanks, and over time, will harden like cement. Hangsterfer's has another approach as far as controlling foam, as do other producers, such as Cincinnati and Master Chemical, to name just a couple.
    K&Y Diamond Ltd. - Ph514) 333-5606, Fax514) 339-5493
    http://www.kydiamond.ca

When I was using S500, I had foaming issues and was told to add calcium carbonate (I think that's what it was. ) an anti foaming agent put out by Hangsterfers. Worked for about a day and we were back to mopping the floor...
    Went to Neo Sol 300 at the Hangsterfers rep's recomendation and have been happy since. We cut a lot of stainless and this works well.

Quote Originally Posted by PBMW View Post
    When I was using S500, I had foaming issues and was told to add calcium carbonate (I think that's what it was. ) an anti foaming agent put out by Hangsterfers. Worked for about a day and we were back to mopping the floor...
    Went to Neo Sol 300 at the Hangsterfers rep's recomendation and have been happy since. We cut a lot of stainless and this works well.
    I don't think that was it. Hangsterfer's has their own Anti-Foam agent out, and the last time I checked, it's known as "Tankside AntiFoam". It's not cheap, but usually, it only takes a capful diluted into some fresh coolant emulsion, which is then added to the tank. You must make sure that it is mixed thoroughly prior to adding it to the tank. You should see results almost immediately. That being said, I do not remember if the "Tankside AntiFoam" was compatable with Hangsterfer's new Neosol line of products. A quick call to their head office will get you that answer however.
    K&Y Diamond Ltd. - Ph514) 333-5606, Fax514) 339-5493
    http://www.kydiamond.ca

I had the same problem in my haas tm-3p, I threw about a cup of cleaning fluid into the coolant and have had no problems since

hello you love CNC machines. I'm currently in Vietnam and we are the CNC machine Makino A61NX. Currently we are using oil Blaser its 4000 Strong Blaser, today we are experiencing knots is Blaser oil are a lot of foam rise.we bought disinfectant foam Blaser but it has not improved much.still appear to be too much foam.anyone have any experience please share me how to handle all the foam.thanks a lot.

hello you love CNC machines. I'm currently in Vietnam and we are the CNC machine Makino A61NX. Currently we are using oil Blaser its 4000 Strong Blaser, today we are experiencing knots is Blaser oil are a lot of foam rise.we bought disinfectant foam Blaser but it has not improved much.still appear to be too much foam.anyone have any experience please share me how to handle all the foam.thanks a lot.

Re: Coolant foaming problem

All coolants are good... its after the 6month mark you can really start to judge. If you are experiencing foaming issues, its not always the coolants fault. I recommend Blaser products because of the performance AFTER 6months. Also- their product do not come watered down- why are you paying for water? Check your coolants MSDS or SDS to check how much water your coolant already has in that barrel.

Page 2 of 2 12