585,735 active members*
4,709 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Polls > Have you finished a cnc machine?

View Poll Results: How many CNC Machines have you finished?

Voters
1148. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not planning on building a cnc machine.

24 2.09%
  • Still planning 1st cnc machine.

280 24.39%
  • Building 1st cnc machine, but it's not done.

313 27.26%
  • Finished 1 cnc machine.

339 29.53%
  • Finished 2 cnc machines.

100 8.71%
  • Finished more than 2 cnc machines.

92 8.01%
Page 7 of 8 5678

Making signs with BOBCAD help

Hello all, I completed a 3 axis maching and bought BOBCAD V23 with BOBART. I have made a few designs but I am trying to get down a simple and efficient way to draw up signs. I would like to make some signs with embossed pictures and think there has to be an easier process than what I am doing. Any suggestions or people willing to tuitor me. Maybe someone could post their process of their own sign example. That would help me a lot! Thank you! Rich

Exclamation Never Finished

I alway planned to build a cnc router. (amassing bits over a few years!). It ended up as a laser cutter using a 20w diode I picked up from Ebay. Can't say it's finished however have cutter a few bits. Planning a rebuild/upgrade "Think some like 2 use, other's 2 build, Just enjoy!"

"Sorry this post when to the wrong reply! Will delete

Hey everyone, I have just finished building. But i m not satisfied by the speed.. So planning to make some modifications.
    digital camera accessories

Post Code

No plans to build I am only interested in writing the CNC code.

Independent CNC Programmer
    www.independentcnc.com

My mission is to share CNC programming innovations for a lifetime.

I am thinking one never really finishes a cnc machine! lol. I have built one machine, although technically i think I have built 2 or three now. (second set of motors, led to new drivers, led to new linear bearings, led to.......

My first cnc machine was a Sherline CNC, never got to far with that. Too lightweight for what I wanted to do. My current CNC is my Syil SX3. I'm also currently building a CNC router, well, I should say designing a cnc router, I'm still on the cad side of things, but I have most of the materials and parts. Here's my build log: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102515

Hello all,
    I finished my first CNC router earlier this year. It is made from my own design and is a small footprint with about 20" X, 18" Y, and 5" Z travels.
    the X ballscrew is limiting the travel on that axis and the Thomson slides are closer to 30" on the X. Here are some links to the build:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101387

http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5736

I have began the design on my 2nd larger build that should be in the 48" x 48" size or a variation thereof. I plan on making a 5th axis B/C head for this second build and have most of the parts drawn already.
    Regards,
    Wes

Hi everyone, so happy to know that, you bravely made good try and some have finished your own CNC Routers. But dear all, this is just the first step, you have already seen the first light of morning, and you need to own and enjoy the warm sunshine then.

In the next, we need to test install the software, make some small materials processing test, to see the machine bearing capacity and good stability. Through different test, we may also find some problems, such as if the structure is strong enough, and shake won't happen to affect the processing precision.

But it is not so hard to grasp CNC Routers, if you test and think more.

Wink CNC machines

I have built 2 machines. Second one was to really appliy all I learned on Nu. 1. Where to spend money and where NOT to skimp.:wave:

Yes
    I did a klippfeld Mill and lathe As well As an usovo proxxon cnc Build for doing pcb s

Yes
    I did a klippfeld Mill and lathe As well As an usovo proxxon cnc Build for doing pcb s

My current machine is my third. It is actually the third design, the first two were really prototypes.

I am about to start building a larger one, which will be machine number 4.

Smile fininshed 1 and running work off of it!!!!

http://www.wix.com/bcstrings/cb-machining

link to video---http://www.youtube.com/user/bcstrings1#p/a/u/1/ys9AwScGWNM

check it out and if anyone needs something done just let me know!!!!!!!

BF20L Vario

Hi all,

It's been a few weeks since my last post on CNCZone as I was working to finish my CNC build.

As of now I have just finished my first CNC build..... which is a conversion of a german made Optimum BF20L Vario manual Milling machine to CNC using Mach 3 as my operating platform.

I used the Smooth Stepper from Warp9 Warp9 Tech. Design - Home of the SmoothStepper - Home
    and the C32 Breakout Board from CNC4PC
    and the KL-8070D Digital Stepper Drivers from Digital Stepper Motor Driver
    and also from Keling I used their Stepper Motors CNC Stepper Motors: Stepper Motor Distributor in USA

Good luck to all with your projects:cheers:
    Eoin

i only got a lil baby x2 with a cnc fusion kit on it...just upgraded to 78mm steppers, helical couplers and a 15A48v power supply.... grrrrrunt

i polled finished as it is finished, but technically isnt as i want the 4th axis and it still needs a box and coolant...and did i mention just workin out how to use it?

plans? oooo, i got plans... that start with slabs of timber for a mold, and a few old engine blocks, well-done... :whistling:

Quote Originally Posted by headsmess View Post

i polled finished as it is finished, but technically isnt as i want the 4th axis and it still needs a box and coolant...:
    Are they ever finished?

Quote Originally Posted by jharvey407 View Post
    Are they ever finished?
    hey! i did the 4th axis and am using it, so...sort of

thinking about it, theres always soooomething missing no matter what the machine

if you build it yourself is it ever really finished?

ps-two done router and mill
    In the words of the Toolman--If you didn't make it yourself, it's not really yours!
    Remember- done beats perfect every time!!

I started in CNC using a purchased CNC Foam cutter. Later I designed an built my own CNC Foam cutter that addressed the weaknesses in my previous machine.

Then I built a Routezilla from plans from John Kleinbauer (cranky). Immediately after building that machine I began design work on another machine which I did not build.

I then built a Joes 4x4 Hybrid router with leadscrew. I later upgraded that to Rack & Pinion and then to aluminum. Last summer I redesigned the Z axis and now can CUT at 750 IPM on Z.

My next machine will be a small 5 axis bench top machine. I can't wait.

Bill
    Joescnc 4x4 R&P Router, Minimill, Minilathe, CNC Foamcutter, laser cutter, Vectric Aspire. http://makermasters.com, http://themakersguide.com

Quote Originally Posted by beone View Post
    if you build it yourself is it ever really finished?
    Not that I can tell.

Bill
    Joescnc 4x4 R&P Router, Minimill, Minilathe, CNC Foamcutter, laser cutter, Vectric Aspire. http://makermasters.com, http://themakersguide.com

Page 7 of 8 5678