585,883 active members*
5,280 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Can you recognize yourself?

Wink Can you recognize yourself?

You hold a piece of iron, shape not possible to describe without a 3D cad tool,
    holes through at random intervals rendering it unuseable for anything. Still you
    throw it in among the other improbable bits just in case it could fit in as a part
    for making something you don't know yet. Do you recognize yourself?

You get that incredible cheap ballscrew on eBay. You don't know yet what you can
    use it for as it is too short and too heavy for your current project. The day before
    you got 2 servo motors and one servodriver that is not compatible with the motors.
    But it does have close to 30 screw connections and 4 rows of LED's. Nobody ever heard
    of this brand of course. You lock it into your safe and hide the key. Needless to say
    you didn't even dare put power to it in case it blew up on you. Do you recognize yourself?

A friend call you. He have this big beast of a machine that broke down the other day.
    Is this something you can use? You immediately drop everything you have, jump in your
    car and drive over as fast as possible killing your neighbour's cat and your own mailbox
    in your hurry. Then you drive back home with 2 tons of cast iron sticking 1m out over
    your tailgate, your neighbour running for life as you approach with your front wheels
    just touching the ground as it hits the curbs. Needless to say the contraption was only
    useable to make snappole dinglets before it split down the center. But you see the possibility
    of putting in your ball screws and servos there. Do you recognize yourself?

Go look in the mirror. Do you see a junk junkie.

YES! You are describing my thoughts exactly Never throw anything away and collect all the junk you possibly can.
    Proud owner of a Series II Bridgeport.

Talking

Ah come on, your cheating, you must have snuck into my storage area recently.
    Al

My name is Ken Shea, and I am a junk Junkie, a painful admission but acknowledgement is the first step to a cure, that is if I wanted a cure !

its so nice to see you guys online i have had no luck finding a JJA group around me